- Doctor Who in stained glass
- “For a Thousand Years” offers a fresh take on Boba Fett’s final fate
- “Spare Parts” sculptures are part sci-fi tech, part nightmare.
- The Simpsons at Chernobyl
- Zombie Garden Gnomes
- Interview: Hunger Games Star Amandla Stenberg on Fans, Stardom, and Racism
- Interview: Joss Whedon: Social Media Interview
- Interview: Joss Whedon will be answering questions on Reddit, but first, catch up on the latest news with this interview with Pop Candy.
- Interview: Morgan Spurlock on How Comic-Con is Like a Job Fair
- 19 Things We’ve Learned About Prometheus
- The 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Villains
- The 50 Greatest Fairy Tale Movies
- 60 Greatest Movie Trivia Facts
- The Top 15 Scientifically Accurate Science Fiction Movies
- Was Battle Royale Japanese film an inspiration for “The Hunger Games?”
- Zombie survival Google Map allows you to find food and guns for the undead apocalypse. (Created using the Google Places API)
- Interview: Epic Fantasy Interview Swap: Helen Lowe, author of The Gathering of the Lost, interviews Ian Irvine, author of the recently released Vengeance.
- Interview: Episode 014 of the AboutSF podcast is a recording of an interview John C. Tibbetts conducted with Science Fiction author L. Sprague De Camp.
- Interview: Neil Gaiman talks to Stephen King about his new Dark Tower Novel.
- Interview: SmarterTravel interviews George R.R. Martin
- Interview: William Gibson, commenting on this week’s news of a woman being rescued by Ryan Gosling: “Encounters with celebrity are our equivalent of being taken under the hill by fairies.”
- The Atlantic’s List of Greatest Girl Characters in Literature: Really?
- The Greatest Girl Characters of Young Adult Literature
- Hunger Games banned: Hunger Games trilogy becomes a most-challenged book
- Interview: Anthropologist Kathryn Denning talks to Wired about how our cultural narratives affect the way we think about extraterrestrial intelligence and possible contact with alien cultures.
- Do science fiction and fantasy cause recurring dreams?
- Farm-fresh infringement: Can you violate a patent by planting some seeds? This sounds like science fiction, but it’s the present day reality for many US farmers: growing plants could be patent infringement. For a SF take on agribusiness-created plants as intellectual property, read Paolo Bacigalupi’s “Calorie Man”. [PDF]
- How Evolution Defines Mass Effect’s Aliens: Speculation about how the different alien races in Bioware’s Mass Effect universe could have evolved.
- Interview: Matt Groening gave an interview with Smithsonian Magazine recently. Among other things, he reveals where Springfield actually is (in his mind, at least).
- News: Least Surprising News ever: GAME OF THRONES renewed for a third season [More] Now, let’s keep our fingers crossed for another four seasons.
- News: While the last season had some interesting ideas, the payoff wasn’t so great. Still, Starz is willing to give Torchwood another season of weirdness.
- Genre TV Shows That Tried to Reinvent Themselves in Their Final Seasons
- Should Robots Be Treated Like People? Kids Say “Yes” – Sort Of
- Blizzard released a featurette about the Barbarians of Diablo III.
- NYTimes article turns into Flash game. DESTROY THE NEWS!
- Snowspot considers possible storylines for Portal 3. Personally, I would like a defense game where you play as GladOs, trying to kill test subjects.