- 148-foot sandworm on the beach
- Caine’s Arcade is a heartwarming film short about Caine, an enterprising 9-year old boy who made an elaborate cardboard arcade inside his dad’s used auto parts shop in East Los Angeles.
- Check out this exclusive image of the ship from Ridley Scott’s return to sci-fi.
- Hemosapien is a gallery of art created with blood.
- The Purdue Society of Professional Engineers team smashed its own Guinness world record for the world’s largest Rube Goldberg machine with a 300-step device.
- Mash-Up: Videogame Children’s Books
- Interview: Alonso On Marvel’s Ultimate “Spider-Men” Crossover
- Interview: “I wish there was some way I could borrow Victor Von Doom’s Time Platform and take the kids back to visit the secret headquarters of my father’s imagination, that smoky, paneled bunker of ink, conversation, bookshelves, creativity and love.” Neal Kirby remembers his father Jack “King” Kirby.
- Interview: Saga’s Brian K. Vaughan talks about making comics his own way
- News: ‘Buffy’ comic spin-offs starring Spike and Willow get release dates
- Best Job Ever: My Six Months As An Eisner Judge
- Hunger Games vs. The Stand: Do dystopian stories need backstories?
- Interview: A.V. Club interviews animator Don Hertzfeldt
- Interview: Bryan Fuller talks ‘Munsters’ reboot ‘Mockingbird Lane’
- Interview: Joss Whedon talks Dr. Horrible Sequel, the Sacrifice Necessary to Make FIREFLY Season 2
- News: Extra Avengers scene being filmed?
- 20 of the biggest sci-fi cinema disappointments of the last 20 years
- 50 Reasons Why Dawn Of The Dead Might Just Be The Greatest Film Of All Time
- In the latest Bruce Willis movies, time travel will be invented, but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a “looper” – a hired gun – is waiting to mop up. After Surrogates, I’m a bit wary, but this looks like a pretty decent movie.
- Why Cabin in the Woods Really Is Like a Very Special Buffy Episode
- News: Amazon Ready To Lower E-Book Prices In Wake of Publisher Settlement… Cut in E-Book Pricing by Amazon Is Set to Shake Rivals
- News: Survey says 17% of US Adults have read 1 eBook in 2011.
- Bits vs. Atoms: Books from a programmer’s perspective.
- Read the synopsis for J.K. Rowling’s new adult novel.
- Why e-books cost so much
- How videogames stole Sci-Fi: Games like Mass Effect 3 have become launching pads into exciting universes where action and adventure are only a few button pushes away.
- The Most Dangerous Gamer: The Atlantic profiles game developer Jon Blow, most famous for creating the acclaimed and philosophical Braid, now working on “puzzle-exploration” game The Witness.