- 20 Amazing instance of Comic Book Logo Illustrations integrated into the cover art.
- The Final Fate of the Britannica
- If Harry Potter Had An MBA
- Peanuts / Doctor Who Mash-Up
- The Periodic Table of Storytelling.
- PopSci’s Most Lovingly Illustrated Cutaways
- Portal-themed Casemod
- Interview: CBR interviews writer Chris Roberson.
- 10 Comic Blogs That Every Comic Book Fan Should Read – all of which are excellent read, and all of which have been in my reader for years.
- The Best, Worst and Weirdest Alternate Universe Superhero Deaths In Comics
- With Marvel Comics hinting that Black Panther will become “American Panther”, a typical storm of controversy and speculation has occurred over the supposed Americanization of an African character. The artists over at The Temple of Cartoon Mojo on the other hand, wondered what would happen if MORE iconic characters were made patriotic. The results range from the silly, to the utterly awesome.
- The 10 most awesome married couples in science fiction and fantasy.
- The 10 Most Inexplicable Fictional Games
- The growing problem with death in science fiction movies and TV shows
- Straight out of a Neal Stephenson’s novel: Sorting Algorithms as Folk Dances
- The Yellow Plague: Asians in Post-Apocalyptic and Zombie Fictions
- Interview: Director Rupert Wyatt on ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’
- Interview: ‘Hanna’ Star Saoirse Ronan on Fairy-Tale Acting and Killer Training
- Interview: In a recent Q&A on Reddit, Bruce Cambpell answered a few questions about the future of the Evil Dead franchise.
- Interview: Michael Bay Talks ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’
- Interview: Peter Jackson explains why he’s filming ‘The Hobbit’ at groundbreaking frame rate: “The result looks like normal speed, but the image has hugely enhanced clarity and smoothness.”
- Interview: ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ Director Rupert Wyatt Q&A
- News: Campbell Confirms Evil Dead Reboot
- News: China bans time-travel movies… clearly, someone in the future doesn’t want the Chinese thinking about time travel technology. Could it be possible that the inventor of time travel has been born and now the robots are trying to stop his invention? This matter must be investigated further.
- News: David Hayter To Adapt Sci-Fi Book Series ‘Dragonriders Of Pern’
- News: ‘The Martian Chronicles’ to Be Made Into Film By Paramount
- 6 reasons why Joss Whedon is the perfect director for The Avengers.
- 18 Heroic Movie Princes, as chosen by TotalFilm.com
- George R.R. Martin picks his Top 10 Fantasy Films.
- Hollywood’s new twist on fairy-tales
- How Book Publishing Has Changed Since 1984
- Infographic: How To Make A Horror, Animated or Action Movie
- Peter Jackson Posts First Video Blog From The Set Of The Hobbit
- Shaun of the Dead in 30 Seconds, Scott Pilgrim Style
- The Ten Most Horrifying Stephen King Villains in the Movies
- What’s After the Credits is a database of movies with final scenes after the credits.
- 7 Memes That Went Viral Before The Internet Existed
- Can you tell one Pole Arm from another? Test your skill with this quiz.
- A Flapper’s Dictionary: It’s no wonder your grandma can’t keep up with internet slang; she already learned a different version of hep talk.
- Wikipedia’s Librarian to the World
- Interview: Alex Bledsoe is this week’s guest on Dragon Page.
- Interview: The Civilian Reader chats with Jon Sprunk, author of Shadow’s Son.
- Interview: Gail Carriger on steampunk, Finishing School and more
- Interview: LightSpeed Magzine chats with Bruce Sterling.
- Interview: Marianne de Pierres of Burn Bright sits down with YA Concoction.
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss is this week’s guest on Bookotron.
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss talks with Peter Orullian (Part Two)
- Interview: Paul S. Kemp, author of Deceived, joins the Functional Nerds.
- Interview: Ponokitsch interviews China Miéville.
- Interview: The SF Signal Podcast interviews E.E. Knight
- Interview: Terry Pratchett on writing and living with Alzheimer’s disease
- Interview: Tim O’Reilly has some interesting things to say on Piracy, Tinkering, and the Future of the Book. Also, don’t miss Piracy is Progressive Taxation, and Other Thoughts on the Evolution of Online Distribution.
- News: Deadpool Movie Has Director
- News: Kindle Price Drops Again
- 10 most frequently challenged library books of 2010
- 85 Reasons to be Thankful for Librarians
- An Overview of International Science Fiction and Fantasy, 2010
- Author says publishers underreporting ebook sales by a factor of ten
- Best Nerd Books Money Can Buy. Selections cover topics such as Star Wars, architecture, and pasta shapes. I want almost all of the books on this list.
- Caitlin Kittredge explains Steampunk
- Campus copyright: publishers sue over university “e-reserves”
- FastCo has a photo gallery of A Library Designed for the Post-Print Era
- “Feminization” in epic fantasy?
- Folkroots: Vampires in Folklore and Literature
- HarperCollins: ‘Some heaviest book buyers no longer visit bookstores’
- Just Write It! A fantasy author and his impatient fans.
- Kirkus Reviews picks 10 Accessible Science Fiction Books, beginning with the classic The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester.
- Maybe it should have been called Lord of the Bling?
- Patent lawyer explains rejected Google Books settlement for the rest of us
- Pornokitsch reminds us of 7 Great Fantasy Londons
- Redefining hard science fiction
- Tor.com names the Top 10 Urban Fantasy Sidekicks, but nearly sets off a riot for omitting the Cal Leandros series.
- Where does dystopia fit as a genre?
- 8 once-amazing sci-fi devices now inferior to real-life gadgets
- Brazilian Police Debut ‘RoboCop’ Glasses Ahead of World Cup
- iPad app adds extra layers to watching TV
- Meet FRIDA, the Dainty Factory Robot That Wants Your Job [Video]
- There’s evidence that Apple is gearing up for a cloud-based video service.
- Interview: Jon Bernthal, who plays Shane on The Walking Dead, gave a pretty funny interview about everything from his previous films that were fairly horrible, to Andrew Lincoln’s (Rick) Southern American accent.
- Interview: Tor.com has posted a transcript of the Doctor Who Premiere Q&A.
- News: HBO confident ‘Game of Thrones’ will get second season
- News: Neil Gaiman’s American Gods is Headed to HBO
- 4 things the creators of Game of Thrones want you to know
- 10 Things You Should Know About Game of Thrones
- Amazon’s profits are small publishers’ losses
- Cameron says 3-D TV broadcasts must use 2-D talent
- The first episode of the new digital series Mortal Kombat: Legacy online is now online! And it doesn’t tiptoe around the violence like movies did.
- Game of Thrones by the Numbers
- Hesiod’s Five Ages of James T. Kirk
- Hulu, profit: Hulu’s popularity poses a problem
- The Power of Fandom in the Whedonverse.
- News: Intelligence agencies hunting for terrorists in World of Warcraft. The most over-hyped news story of the day.
- News: U.S. Video Game Sales Slip 4 Percent in March
- Apple and Google steal market share from video game systems as Google announces 3 Billion Android Apps Installed
- Hooking a 9-Volt Battery To Your Brain Improves Your Video Game Skills, Researcher Finds
- How Sound Influences The Way We Play
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Player Hits Level 85 Cap Without A Single Kill
- The Best Soundtracks For Writing, as chosen by Mark Charan Newton.
- Five ways MMOs can be better
- Non-Human Antagonists
- Three Pillars of Writing Success for Any Publishing Environment
- Why genres are limiting in gaming