- Is it just me or is Cracked’s list of 6 Superheroes Who Completely Lost Their Shit a little short on DC characters? I’d definitely say Batman and Superman have had their moments.
- You can read free vintage Golden Age Comics online, including the comic in which Shazam! made his first appearance.
- This list of 13 upcoming Remakes of Hollywood Sci-fi Classics has me excited
- Manolith has posted a gallery of 18 Vintage Sci Fi Posters: Robots, Aliens, Monsters and Hot Women.
- Mary Robinette Kowal counts down The Ten Most Epic Fantasy Battles.
- Unreality looks back at The 10 Most Visually Stunning Movies of the Last 10 Years, starting with Danny Boyle’s Sunshine.
- What is being characterized as The Final Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price trailer has made its way online.
- Following the sweet Star Wars / Dallas intro Mashup, a new, even more awesome mashup has been posted, the Star Wars/MacGyver Mashup.
- SEOMOZ names The 500 Most Important Domains on the Internet, ranked by the number of linking root domains.
- Free Fiction: Listen to “Article of Faith” by Mike Resnick at Beam Me Up.
- Free Fiction: Listen to “A Better Teleportation Theory” by Michael Anthony at Dunesteef.
- Free Fiction: Listen to “‘I’ll Gnaw Your Bones,’ the Manticore Said” by Cat Rambo over at the Podcastle.
- In his essay Notes on Conceptual Fiction, Ted Gioia asks: “Did sci-fi writers from the 1940s and 1950s anticipate the future of serious literature better than the so-called “serious writers” or, for that matter, the highbrow critics?”
- io9 names 10 Authors Who Put Sex In Their Science Fiction.
- I love living here in the good old U.S. of A., but I can’t find fault in theses 8 Reasons Everyone Should Be Glad Doctor Who Isn’t an American.
- Joss Whedon pops up again, just to say he’s not sweating the cancellation of Terminator and that he still hasn’t heard anything new on the the fate of Dollhouse. I swear, Joss is circulating rumors of Dollhouse’s impending cancellation just so he has a reason to give interviews.
- The Sarah Connor Chronicles have been officially been Terminated. Good work killing a sure thing Fox.
- Can Computer Games Be Literature? My answer is yes, so long as the games aren’t a part of the Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball franchise.
- I can’t decide if its funny or sad that this list of The Six Most Soul-Sucking Video Games includes six of my ten favorite games.