- Listverse’s choices for the 20 Greatest Sci-Fi Movies of the 90s are a HUGE improvement over its first attempt at making such a list. It includes many of my own personal favorites.
- These Top 15 Film Misquotes are rather surprising. Strange how I never actually realized that Darth Vader never said “Luke, I am your father.” It might be time for me to treat myself to another Star Wars marathon.
- Do you think you have what it takes to survive the Zombie Apocalypse? These Top 10 Tips for Surviving a Zombie Attack could help.
- io9 runs down a list of 15 Evil Corporations in Science Fiction, remembering to include my personal favorite, Fatboy Industries.
- MuVChat Encourages In-Theater Texting to create a MST3K environment in which to watch films. Where I’m from, we save development costs by just doing it verbally.
- William Shatner Motivational Posters for those with waaay too much time on their hands.
- Free Fiction: Read “Bugs in the Arroyo” by Steven Gould at Tor.com.
- Interview: Science Fiction and Other ODDysseys interviews Robert J. Sawyer, author of WWW:Wake.
- Martin’s Booklog has posted a list of Some Good Cyberpunk Reading. It’s a solid start, but it does overlook a few items, such as Daemon by Daniel Suarez.
- There are claims being made that Stephanie Meyer stole the idea for Twilight and the rest of the series from a short story written by her college roommate. Only, I’m asking myself, can you really plagiarize three books from one short story, or this just a case of borrowing an idea?
- Justine Musk discusses Writing Fiction in the Digital Age. [Direct link broken.]