- Abandoned Churches you’d love to LARP in.
- Breathtaking views of Spacewalks with our blue planet below.
- Get your Chocolate Cthulhu Idol now!
- Just in time for Portal 2, G.A.G. has posted photos of Atlas and P-Body Robots
- Interview: Scott Allie interview about the Buffy and Angel & Faith comics.
- News: Comic book stash valued at $1M
- Video Games to Comics: Why So Many Lately?
- Who are these random comic book characters who show up everywhere?
- Interview: Natalie Portman Says She Is NOT In The Avengers
- Interview: Star Wars Producer Gary Kurtz Reflects: “When George Lucas and I began planning the first film, we had no idea what it would become; the kind of devotion it would attract… So what was it that made Star Wars so different, so special? I can give you one small example of the kind of care we took when putting the film together…”
- Interview: Superman Returns Director Bryan Singer on What Went Wrong
- News: Dr. Horrible Sequel Coming – Eventually [More]
- News: Lawsuit Stops ‘Crow’ Remake From Taking Flight?
- The 6 Types of Movies of Summer 2011
- 2D glasses for 3D movies! Hank Green, one half of the VlogBrothers, comes up with a solution for people who’d like to watch 3D movies without the headache.
- The 10 Best Low-Budget Films of All Time
- 28 Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies That Could Rock Your Summer
- Fans Campaign to Send M. Night Shyamalan Back to Film School
- Here’s two more hilarious production photos from the upcoming film Dylan Dog.
- Sucker Punch: Video Games and the Future of the Blockbuster
- Where Are the Brainy Non-Violent SF Films?
- News: Maurissa Tancharoen joins The Guild.
- News: Netflix May Allow Multiple Streams
- 5 Legendary Guys Who Think The Internet Sucks
- 50 best blogs to follow for National Poetry Month
- Fresh Hell: Brent Spiner’s new web series.
- Wasting time on the internet at work makes you ‘a more focused employee’
- Interview: Attorney Devereux Chatillon talks about working as general counsel at Scholastic during the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows–revealing the lengths that the publisher went through to keep the seventh book in the series offline. [PDF]
- Interview: Fantasy Book Critic interviews Kevin Hearne of Hounded.
- Interview: Gini Kock discusses Alien in the Family.
- Interview: Ian Whates talks about his latest book, City of Dreams & Nightmares.
- Interview: Nebula Awards 2009 Interview: Jeff VanderMeer
- Interview: Please Don’t Stab John Scalzi in the Eyeballs.
- Interview: Malinda Lo talks about Queering SFF.
- News: Late-breaking news flash: “Reading as teenager gets you a better job.” I.E. “Be nice to nerds. One day you’ll be working for one.”
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know Had Names, courtesy of Mental Floss.
- Amazon has announced that library lending will be available on the Kindle later this year. Teaming with Overdrive, the program will start with 11,000 libraries in the United States. One of the key features touted by the company will be that users “can highlight and add margin notes to Kindle books you check out from your local library. Your notes will not show up when the next patron checks out the book. But if you check out the book again, or subsequently buy it, your notes will be there just as you left them.” Could this be a possible death blow to the Nook?
- Fighting piracy is the dumbest thing you can do
- The Google Books Settlement–It’s Not Too Late to Fix It
- In the week’s Mind Meld, author’s discuss Influential Non-Genre Books.
- io9 remembers 10 Greatest Libertarian Science Fiction Stories.
- A stupid line in a bad romance novel yielded an epic discussion and possibly the greatest literary passage ever. NSFW text. May cause you to LOL.
- “With Google Settlement in Limbo, Universities Press Ahead With Research on Digitized Books”
- The Demise of Google Video and How to Rescue Your Movies
- Insect-inspired HECTOR walking robot
- Netflix Posts Buy Button, But Not Doing the Selling
- ShelvAr: an augmented reality app for shelf-reading library stacks, from Miami University Augmented Reality Research Group
- News: HBO Renews Game of Thrones for Second Season on the Strength of Premiere [More]
- 10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Star Trek
- Doctor Who Series 6 High Resolution BBC Promotional Pictures
- How Fox Went From Outcast to Powerhouse
- Which single episode Buffy characters just didn’t get enough love?
- News: FTC Finds Game Ratings More Strictly Enforced Than Movies and Music
- News: New Microsoft and Sony Consoles Expected in 2014
- 99-Cent Apps Are ‘Killing Us’
- Gaming Ratings Board Lets Computers Do the Rating
- Marvel Promotes Thor Movie With Free Web Game
- Move To L.A., Step Two: Re-Think My Entire Video Game Collection
- The new way we read: 10 ways digital books are changing our literary lives
- Tor.com Top Five Greatest Video Game Villains
- 6 Steps to Jump-Start Your Story
- 13 Ways to Screw Up Your Query
- How $1 Could Make You a Bestselling Author
- How and where to begin a story
- How to Punctuate Dialogue in Novels and Short Stories
- Map your story structure with this downloadable Story Map Worksheet based on Nancy Ellen Dodd’s The Writer’s Compass.