- Awesome! Altered Books are old books made into new poetry!
- Sometime, people completely miss the point of art for quibbling over the details.
- Over at Wired, Star Trek’s Beast Master Reveals How to Create a Monster.
- Authors on Twitter: Who’s getting it right?
- BookSwim is being touted as the Netflix of books, but who would spend twenty dollars a month for books they don’t get to keep? That’s what library cards are for.
- Etsy has it’s own YouTube channel, chocked full of useful tutorials and demonstrations for the do-it-yourself crowd. Don’t miss the New Books with Old Materials video from a woman who makes her own journals.
- Resistance2018 is a game played with Twitter that’s being used to promote the upcoming Terminator film. It looks intriguing, but the jury’s still out.
- I was already to dismiss Time’s list of the All-Time 100 Best Novels as literary snobbery when I noticed that it includes The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and The Lord of the Rings. Now I’m little bit pissed because I haven’t read about three-quarters of the others on the list.
- Of the entire cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who would have thought it would be Amber Benson who end up a fantasy author? I need to go back and re-watch the seasons featuring Tara and look closer for the classic geek symptoms.
- As if there were any doubt that Abrams is a hardcore geek, UGO rounds up 19 Lost Nerd Winks, cultural reference only a true Geek would catch.
- TrekMovie examines the fighting technique of Captain Kirk in its Guide to Kirk Fu.