- Awesome Custom Steampunk AT-AT
- Commenting on the Museum of Modern Art’s recent acquisition of Dwarf Fortress, Bill Coberly muses how the game might function as spectator sport.
- Here’s the midnight IMAX poster for Iron Man 3, by comic book artist Jock. Jock also posted a ton of alternate versions of his Iron Man 3 IMAX poster on his site. If You Like Jock’s ‘Iron Man 3′ IMAX Poster, Wait’ll You See His Nine Unused Designs.
- Steampunk Portal Illustrations
- Interview: J. Michael Straczynski On ‘Superman: Earth One, Volume 3′
- News: Terry Moore ‘s Horror Comic ‘Rachel Rising’ Heading to Television
- News: The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, commonly shortened to the Eisner Awards, are prizes given for creative achievement in American comic books since 1988. The digital comic category was added in 2005. Some say the category could be expanded, given the abundance of digital creations. Regardless, there are 42 different titles nominated in the past 8 years. The 2013 nominations have been made: Ant Comic by Michael DeForge, Bandette, by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover, It Will All Hurt by Farel Dalrymple, Our Bloodstained Roof by Ryan Andrews, Oyster War by Ben Towle.
- Interview: Director Joseph Kosinski: 5 things to know before ‘Oblivion’
- Interview: Don Cheadle suggests he’ll be appearing in more Marvel films.
- Interview: Iron Man 3 co-writer Drew Pearce hopes Bollywood goes global
- Interview: Iron Man 3′s Kevin Feige on taking Tony Stark “back to basics”
- Interview: Matthew McConaughey On How Far Interstellar Will Reach
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr. discussed maybe returning for Iron Man 4 or The Avengers 2. I picture Iron Man becoming the next Rambo-length franchise.
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr: ‘I’m having a good time as Tony Stark’
- News: Michael Bay Apologizes for Apologizing for ‘Armageddon’. Does anyone else sense an Apology inception coming on?
- Reviews: Tom Cruise’s Latest Headed For ‘Oblivion’: Joseph Kosinski’s sci-fi adventure, starring Tom Cruise, is the most incoherent piece of storytelling since John Travolta’s Battlefield Earth. It had critic David Edelstein crying, “What? What?” over the din of the explosions.
- 10 Under-Rated Sci-Fi Movies You Need To Love
- Excited for Iron Man 3? Here are all the mistakes in Iron Man 1 and 2
- ‘Oblivion’ has us asking: Why is futuristic food so bleak?
- Watch the ‘Thor: The Dark World’ Trailer, then contemplate 10 Key Moments that Reveal Love Triangles, ‘Avengers’ Connections, and Possible Deaths
- Interview: Michael J. Sullivan was one of the early indies who signed a traditional contract when the big-six came knocking. Orbit (fantasy imprint of Hachette) bought his Riyria Revelations series and republished it as three, two-book omnibus volumes. He recently announced a return to self-publishing with his new novel, Hollow World, which will come out January 20, 2014.
- Interview: Terry Pratchett: ‘Fantasy is uni-age’ Despite his Alzheimer’s diagnosis, Terry Pratchett is still marvelling at the world and still writing. He tells Stephen Moss about his new scientific direction, battling Hollywood executives – and why he doesn’t fear death
- News: Politician Introduces Bill to Make Sci-Fi Required Public School Reading
- Economics of Ice & Fire I: House Tyrell Is Richer Than House Lannister
- Handy charts reveal why you’ve never heard of most female SF authors
- Should Science Fiction Be Mandatory For Students?
- Interview: 5 Awesome Things About Peter Dinklage Revealed in Playboy
- Interview: B5′s J Michael Straczynski: ‘US TV networks don’t take sci-fi seriously’
- Interview: ‘Game of Thrones’: Maisie Williams on what’s best for Arya Stark
- Interview: Game of Thrones stars on dream deaths!
- 10 Things We Learned About Dating from Game of Thrones
- Doctor Who: 4 Reasons Why American Remake Would Have Been Terrible
- ‘Doctor Who’s’ Name Revealed? Steven Moffat Teases ‘You’re In For A Shock’
- Guy who invented Thrones language says we’ve been pronouncing Khaleesi wrong
- Watch a trailer for Ron Moore’s new Syfy drama Helix
- Interview: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Tim Schafer, Dan Connors, & Dave Gilbert weigh in.
- Can Videogames Teach Us About Race?
- How an accountant created an entire RPG inside an Excel spreadsheet
- How we can look at BioShock Infinite through the lens of auteur theory.
- Is Sifteo the new Nintendo?
- Last week was rough. Rob Dubbin, Colbert Report contributor (and infrequent Kill Screen scribe) showed how making games in response to tragedy can offer a different kind of catharsis.
- The Power Of Silence: Why The SimCity Story Went Away
- We Don’t Just Need Better Game Publishers. We Need Better Everything.