- The Increasingly Blurred Line Between DC and Vertigo
- Sex in Comic! The top 100 strangest, suggestive and steamy vintage comic book panels of all time!
- Interview: David Duchovny explains why last X-Files movie tanked.
- Interview: The UK’s Telegraph has an in-depth profile of Star Trek sequel actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
- The 100 Greatest Maniacal Movie Laughs assembled by the maniacal James Chapman who previously collected Movie Titles in Movies]
- 100 Wonderful and Terrible Movies That Never Existed
- Avengers: The Down Side Of Up: Why the success of The Avengers and the choice of director might hurt future genre movies and comic book movies in particular.
- Everybody likes superhero movies… So where do you go if you don’t? [SLYT]
- College Humor imagined what websites as the seven deadly sins.
- Comedy Is Scared. Are You Happy Now, Internet?
- Life on the Internet: a beautiful piece on what it’s like to live life “on” the internet.
- Interview: AboutSF talks with Kim Stanley Robinson about his latest book, the well-reviewed 2312. (Podcast)
- Interview: Sdventures in Scifi Publishing sat down with Glen Cook at Conquest to discuss his illustrious career.
- Interview: Jim Hines Kicks Off New Series with Libriomancer
- News: Forbes released its list of top-earning authors of 2011. To no one’s surprise, science fiction and fantasy authors dominate the list, taking nine of the 15 slots.
- News: George Takei is writing a book — it will be released electronically, for only 10 bucks. The only rational response? Shut up and take our money.
- News: JK Rowling is withholding her next book from some overseas publishers over piracy fears. While the effectiveness of that is debatable, I can’t wait for the inevitable Chinese knock-offs like the ones made for Harry Potter, assuming this new series is as popular as her previous one.
- News: Neil Gaiman and Felicia Day are narrating a fantasy audiobook by Ellen Kushner, and we kind of can’t wait.
- Humans on Mars: The Craziest, Weirdest, and Most Plausible Plans in History
- In 1996, just months before he died, astronomer/astrophysicist/author Carl Sagan recorded this message to future colonists living on Mars.
- This full-resolution self-portrait shows the deck of NASA’s Curiosity rover from the rover’s Navigation cameras.
- Interview: Q&A with ‘Doctor Who’ stars: The five Doctors
- News: BBC Officially Announce Their New Drama About The Genesis Of Doctor Who, An Adventure In Space And Time
- News: The opening episode of Doctor Who’s seventh season will be previewed at the British Film Institute’s Southbank center, followed with a Q&A with the cast.
- Small Firefly reference in another Gutters webcomic. Try to spot it on your own.
- What to expect from Joss Whedon’s upcoming Marvel TV series, you know, aside from AWESOME (and Eliza Dushku).