- Assemble your own wood Curiosity Rover.
- Comic Book Gift Tags for Christmas
- The Hobbit Cast with their MiniFigs
- This Fused Glass Trilobite Menorah Made to Order will add a geek twist to your Chanukah. Plus, here are 15 More Quirky Menorahs for you to gawk at.
- Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games) cosplay
- Picturing The Hobbit
- Space Samurai re-imagine Star Wars characters as traditional Japanesee Samurai
- Star Wars Propaganda
- Interview: ‘Hobbit’ Star Martin Freeman: ‘I’m Geek Royalty Now’
- Interview: Peter Jackson on the polarizing 48 FPS format
- News: ‘Indiana Jones’ Lawsuit Alleges Crystal Skull Theft
- News: Pan’s Labyrinth Heading For The Stage
- News: Some Audiences Are Reportedly Leaving ‘The Hobbit’ Feeling Sick
- Reviews: ‘An Unexpected Journey’ Review: ‘The Hobbit’ Is Really, Really Long
- Reviews: Why ‘The Hobbit’ Will Succeed (Or Fail)
- The 10 Most Interesting Facts Gleaned From ‘The Hobbit’ Press Conference
- 10 Surprising Facts About Chewbacca
- The 25 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made
- 80 years of Sci-fi Space Helmets in one video
- The First trailer for the Tom Cruise sci-fi epic Oblivion was released this weekend. It looks like The Island meets The Matrix meets Battlefield Earth.
- For those of you looking to drown yourself in more Hobbit awesomeness here’s a 13-minute TV special called “A Return To Middle Earth” is just the thing to whet your appetite for the movie’s release.
- Here’s a list of all the theaters in the U.S. that will be showing “The Hobbit” at the high definition 48fps rate. Get your tickets now if you live nearby.
- The Hobbit: A Geek’s Take
- News: Neil Gaiman and Neil deGrasse Tyson answer questions on a panel.
- The Hobbit Christmas Song for geeks super-pumped about the upcoming film.
- The Importance of Being Geek
- Interview: Christopher Tolkien Laments The ‘Evisceration’ Of His Father’s Work
- Interview: Ken Scholes, Andrew Mayer, and Tad Williams Discuss EPIC Fantasy
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan Letter interviews Allison Pang of A Trace of Moonlight
- Interview: Three Questions For Author Mira Grant
- Interview: Two Worlds War: An Interview with Danie Ware of Ecko Rising
- The 10 Most Unlikely Things That Were Influenced by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Nightmare Magazine’s Top 100 Horror Books
- Ten Surefire Ways to Survive a Teen Horror Novel
- Interview: Wil Wheaton & the Science of Star Trek with Neil deGrasse Tyson
- The Last Pictures project is a joint venture between Paglen and Creative Time, a New York-based public arts nonprofit, to document the impact human beings have had on the earth’s surface for whoever comes after us, millions or even billions of years in the future.
- Here’s a Look at the World’s ‘First Smart Restaurant,’ Run by Robots.
- A ‘Star Trek: TNG’-style communicator for your shirt
- News: ‘Doctor Who’ makes TV Guide’s cover for the first time ever
- News: ‘Walking Dead’ EP to produce sci-fi drama for USA Network.
- The 5 Most Irritating Arguments Made Against Modern Doctor Who
- Moral Complexity Is Not Plot Complexity: ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ And Dark TV
- The Rise And Heartbreaking Fall of Doctor Who
- Walking Dead: 4 things networks can learn from the show that’s beating them.
- Interview: Anita Sarkeesian talks about how she “accidentally became the villain of a massively online game in real-life.” The feminist media critic who suffered a vicious campaign of misogynistic online harassment earlier this year, has just released an excellent TED talk on her experiences.
- Video games are designed to get you hooked. The gaming industry uses “pure Las Vegas” psychology to make their products more addictive.
- What are the dumbest ways to die in video games? Megasteakman parodies the viral hit ‘dumb ways to die‘ with a look at the most annoying, frustrating and dumbest ways to die in video games.
- Interview: Stephen King offers writing tips to Mass. students
- Dungeons and Dragons: My dorky literary muse. As an MFA student, my fiction was derivative. Then I reconnected with my inner Dungeon Master.