- Download Papercraft Star Wars Snowflakes
- Interview: Scottish novelist/playwright Denise Mina has been chosen to adapt the Millennium Trilogy into comics
- News: Be on the lookout for Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel.
- How To Get Your Girlfriend To Read Comics
- Interview: Director Guy Ritchie on ‘Sherlock Holmes’ & Sequels
- Interview: Exclusive Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows cast interviews
- Interview: Christopher Plummer on ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’
- Interview: Rise of the Apes Director Rupert Wyatt Talks Sequel
- News: Roy Lee To Produce New Warner Bros. Sci-Fi Film ‘Rise’
- 30+ Chilling Images from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- The entire first scene of Indiana Jones re-done in stop-motion animation.
- Epic Nerd-Approved Movies To See Before You Die
- Patton Oswalt in a PSA video for Alamo Drafthouse.
- The Spielberg Face: A Legacy. Some directors have specific camera styles. Others have a particular dialogue rhythm. Steven Spielberg has a face. THE face. You’ve seen it, you know it and now we’ll take you back to remember all the glorious moments of our favorite films where the legendary expression has been dropped… Watch the compilation video on YouTube.
- Watch the new trailer for the Sci-Fi flick ‘Lock-Out’, or ‘Escape From M.S. One’
- The 20 Unhappiest People You Meet In The Comments Sections Of Year-End Lists
- The Best Harry Potter “Yo Mama” Jokes
- Copyright and remix culture: The new Prohibition?
- Louis C.K. no-DRM video makes $200K … Why the Louis C.K. online show should concern Hollywood
- Interview: Cherie Priest and Sam Sykes talk with the Functional Nerds.
- Interview: PornoKitsch talk to The Magicians author Lev Grossman
- News: California Bill Pushes for Free Online College Books
- News: “Independent bookstores vs. Amazon: Buying books online is better for authors, better for the economy, and better for you.” according to Slate Magazine.
- 10 Satirical Novels that Could Teach You To Survive the Future
- Bookfessions: confessions and thoughts of a bibliophile. “797. When I finish a book, I close the back cover and just sit there.”
- The Book Trailer for Blue Remembered Earth by Alastair Reynolds is one of the best I’ve ever seen.
- Post-postcyberpunk: A Theory of Science Fiction
- What’s the best Generation Ship science fiction book?
- News: Missing episodes of Doctor Who beaming back to Earth! While searching deep space for extra-terrestrial signals, scientists at the Arecibo Observatory have stumbled across signals broadcast from Earth nearly half a century ago.
- DNA: The next big hacking frontier
- Nanoparticle hollowing method promises medical advances
- Will You Live Forever—or until Your Next Software Release—by Uploading Your Brain into a Computer?
- News: Billionaire plans world’s biggest plane for orbital launches
- 10 Science Fiction Predictions that Later Came True
- After 2 years of work, Jonathan Harris (of We Feel Fine fame) launches Cowbird, a “simple tool for telling stories and a public library of human experience,” beginning with a “saga” about the Occupy
- Brain-Reading Devices Could Kill the Keyboard
- Exoskeletons Will Be the Eyeglasses of the 21st Century
- Google developing rival to Apple’s Siri – based on voice of Starship Enterprise
- Seasteading: Libertarians dream of creating self-ruling floating cities. But can the many obstacles, not least the engineering ones, be overcome?
- Interview: Alyson Hannigan reveals why Willow was a redhead.
- Interview: Jane Espenson discusses TV writing in the Huffington Post.
- News: After repeated delays, the FCC bans loud volume on commercials; starting December 2012, the volume of commercials must be the same volume of the program during which it airs.
- News: Stephen Daldry Wants to Adapt Michael Chabon’s The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay as 8-Part HBO Miniseries
- 9 of the worst TV series finales of all-time
- Could Netflix bring Firefly back from the dead? No, but we love to torment ourselves considering the possibilities.
- Here is the pilot episode of Les Mondes Engloutis (Part 2), a French animated sci-fi/fantasy televison series from 1985. Here is its iconic theme song. In English it translates into “The Sunken Worlds,” but English-speakers know it better as Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. More information can be found on Tripod fansite The Lost Archives of Arkadia.
- IGN’s Top 25 Comic Book TV Shows
- The Star Wars Holiday special, in its entirety, complete with original commercials.
- The TV show Bones is loosely based on the life of forensic anthropologist and author Kathy Reichs. But how much science does the show get right? Can you really use the mandibular angle to figure out the sex of the victim? What about diagnosing Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva from a tiny bone fragment? Biological anthropologist Kristina Killgrove dissects the science of each episode on her blog, Powered by Osteons. [Via]
- Interview: Greg Rucka On How To Write A Strong Female Character
- 25 Things Writers Should Know about Rejection