- Dave McKean Reveals Artwork for Neil Gaiman’s The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- Gingerbread Town: When the Japanese do Gingerbread, they don’t mess around.
- It’s not a doll house, it’s a scale model! Fan builds near-perfect replica of Bag End.
- Interview: Alan Moore: why I turned my back on Hollywood
- Interview: Alice Eve, Benedict Cumberbatch And Bryan Burk talk to Empire about next year’s Star Trek flick, Into Darkness
- Interview: Andy Serkis on Gollum return in ‘The Hobbit’
- Interview: Director Christopher McQuarrie on Lee Child’s character Jack Reacher
- Interview: For ‘Hobbit’ Star Martin Freeman, There Are No Small Roles
- Interview: ‘Hobbit’: Ian McKellen,Tolkien guardian, acting wizard
- Interview: ‘Hobbit’: Martin Freeman on Bilbo’s courage, moral code
- Interview: ‘Hobbit’ Screenwriter Philippa Boyens Won’t Read ‘The Silmarillion’ Again Because It Will ‘Break My Heart’
- 10 Greatest Cinematic Moments Of 2012
- 10 Movies To Prepare You For The End Of The World
- 50 Best Movies Of 2012: As voted for by Total Film writers
- The Best Pickup Lines for a Midnight Screening of ‘The Hobbit’
- Do We Need a Nick Fury Movie?
- James Cameron’s 45-Page Declaration Proving ‘Avatar’ Was His Idea
- The Science of High Frame Rates, Or: Why ‘The Hobbit’ Looks Bad At 48 FPS
- Three Reasons To See ‘The Hobbit’ That Have Nothing To Do With The Film
- The Sad Off with Samuel L. Jackson and Anne Hathaway
- Wanna play D&D with Rothfuss, Brett, Sykes, and other Fantasy authors?
- Interview: Beyond Elvish with Ursula K. Le Guin and China Mieville
- Interview: Brenda Cooper Talks Trans-Humanist Fiction with Ramez Naam
- Interview: Locus interviews Elizabeth Bear
- Interview: Jim Butcher stopped by the University Bookstore in Seattle WA to promote his new Dresden Files book, Cold Days!
- Interview: Macmlilan interviews Brandon Sanderson of A Memory of Light
- Interview: Mandy Hager is author of the award winning The Crossing, which has been described as “1984 for teenagers.”
- Interview: My Bookish Ways interviews Ramez Naam of Nexus
- News: The Dragon Lords, world’s first ‘cloud-sourced’ novel, prepares to land. Silvia Hartmann’s latest work was written on an open Google Drive document, with 13,000 collaborators offering critiques and even providing a title.
- News: Wheel of Time Book Trailer Played Before Hobbit Screenings
- Anti-science fiction: If pseuodoscience proponents can be criticised for distorting complex science for their own ends, then the same argument could be applied to science fiction writers, Simon Dunn argues.
- Books for the end of the world
- The Guardian picks The 100 greatest novels of all time.
- Who’s Afraid of Genre Fiction?
- Interview: If the universe is just a Matrix-like simulation, how could we ever know? Physicist Silas Beane thinks he has the answer. “The idea we live in a simulation isn’t science fiction.”
- News: ‘Game of Thrones’ gets super-sized season 3
- News: Swords and suds: ‘Game of Thrones’ gets official beer
- 5 Things Joss Whedon’s Firefly Did Best
- ‘Doctor Who’ new Tardis interior revealed in first-look picture
- Free Will in a Deterministic Whedonverse
- Interview: How to Make a Video Game That Critiques Video Games: The lead writer of Far Cry 3 talks about creating a first-person shooter inspired by Lena Dunam, Jonathan Franzen, and Apocalypse Now.
- Interview: Samuel L. Jackson: Video Games Have Nothing to Do with Shootings
- 7 Post-Mayan Apocalypse Video Games To Watch Out For In 2013 (If We Make It)
- 10 Classic Movies That Should Have Been Video Games
- Don’t Blame Video Games and Movie Violence for Sandy Hook Massacre
- The End is Nigh: The Ten Best Post-Apocalyptic Video Games
- Why Banning Violent Video Games Won’t Address Our Culture of Violence
- Interview: Brandon Sanderson has an extensive series of lectures on writing fantasy in the WriteAboutDragons channel on YouTube. The first lecture is entitled, “Intro to Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing“
- 10 Things to Remember About Sequels
- Tobias Buckell: How I used Kickstarter to reboot a book series, and my career
- Turning Passive Plots into Active Plots
- Writing under the influence « Robert Jackson Bennett