- 42 Gorgeous Desk Designs for any Office
- Adorable asian kid with a Cephalopod Cap
- Check out this Tardis Quilt.
- Decorating by Silvermoonnw
- Get your own Legend of Zelda gear.
- Tetris / Space Invaders Mash-Up.
- News: DC Reshuffles Editorial Department.
- The Atlantic Wire asks Why Are There So Few Black Supervillains?
- Interview: Mila Kunis talks World of Warcraft movie (and her account) with MTV.
- News: Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood and Magnolia) is planning to adapt Thomas Pynchon’s 2009 novel, Inherent Vice, with Robert Downey Jr.
- Here’s an almost 5 minutes documentary about Transformers: The Dark of the Moon film shoot in downtown Chicago. Let’s hope the entire movie looks this good.
- Infographic: The Flow Of Money Through The Film Industry.
- Irvin Kershner’s ten best films, including RoboCop2 and Star Wars.
- Kids Today Need A Little Bit Of Godzilla In Their Lives.
- The Political Surf asks Is the nude scene appropriate in the Harry Potter 7 movie?
- News: YouTube launches ad format that lets viewers skip or choose.
- Live-action Wile E. Coyote vs. the Road Runner. (SLYT)
- Interview: Straship Sofa interviews Greg Bear of Hull Zero Three.
- Interview: Suvudu talks briefly with Mary Statham, author of Spoken.
- News: Google launching E-Book Store Next Year.
- Are all Kindle competitors taking the wrong approach?
- BoingBoing considers Paolo Bacigalupi’s SHIP BREAKER in a post-peak-oil world.
- The Boston Review rails against Books After Amazon.
- E-book Piracy Is Here. So What?
- One million books will be given away for free in the UK & Ireland as part of World Book Night. Any adult can apply to receive a box of 48 copies of their favorite from a list of 25 titles, by the likes of John le Carre and Toni Morrison, and give them away as they please. The ambition is to roll out the idea worldwide in future years if it proves a success in the UK.
- News: A study suggests the universe could have triple the number of stars scientists previously calculated. The new estimate is 300 sextillion.
- The 10 Biggest Intellectual Fights Of All time.
- A Brief History of Mathematics is a BBC series of ten fifteen-minute podcasts by Professor Marcus du Sautoy on the history of mathematics.
- Jason Sanford Jason Sanford: Are We Heading Toward a Faith-Based Science?
- John Scalzi discusses the question Is Science Fiction This Era’s Western?
- Wired follows two teens competing at the International Olympiad in Informatics.
- This video was taken during an RC flight around lower New York City. It features nice, close passes of the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Interview: Robert Kirkman on AMC’s Walking Dead Writers’ Room Kerfuffle.
- News: Congress Acts To Lower Volume On TV Ads
- Rachelle Gardner spells out author royalties.