- Anti-Mario Propaganda Posters
- In honor of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace 3D being released in theaters, LEGO artist Matt De Lanoy put together an impressive Opee Sea Killer and Gungan Tribubble Bongo submarine masterpiece.
- Japanese artist Takanori Aiba creates amazingly detailed resin sculptures so elaborately detailed as to impart them with a Bottle City of Kandor-like habitability. They feature buildings and cities built into little trees, like Bonzai Treehouses.
- Kevin Smith and His Comic Book Men Are Now Comic Book Characters
- Portal Cubecakes are delicious, useful for holding down buttons.
- What if buildings were designed using “Game of Life” cellular automaton devised by John Conway? Turns out they would be awesome.
- Yet more geeky Valentines
- The 99 Hottest Fictional Women Of 2012
- I Hope For Your Sake You Are Initiating a Mating Ritual: Weird Mating in SFF
- Sci-fi and Fantasy’s 14 Greatest Romances.
- Interview: Exclusive Dan Aykroyd Webchat
- Interview: Joss Whedon says of the Cabin: “It’s basically a very loving hate letter.”
- Interview: Starburst interviews one of the visual FX supervisors for The Avengers.
- 20 ways to survive in a horror movie.
- The first minute of all the James Bond films at once.
- Will We Ever Be Rid of “Star Wars”?
- LaVar Burton’s delivered the keynote speech at publishing’s Tools of Change conference, an impassioned talk about the importance of science fiction.
- McSweeneys offers this lengthy analysis of why the Death Star’s trash compactor makes little sense.
- Interview: The Academic Side of Speculative Fiction with Karen Burnham
- Anne Rice was interviewed by CBC’s Mary Hynes, who heralded Rice’s “returning to the gothic” with her new novel, The Wolf Gift, a reimagining of the traditional werewolf story.
- Interview: Ben Marcus on The Flame Alphabet
- Interview: Bram Stoker Award-winning author Jonathan Maberry of Dead of Night talks with Open Book Society
- Interview: David Tallerman on The Not-So-Secret Ingredient of Giant Thief
- Interview: Feather Factor has a new interview with George R.R. Martin.
- Interview: Interview with R.A. Salvatore, author of the Neverwinter Saga
- Are books and the internet about to merge? The difference between ebooks and the internet is minimal, and we should be glad the two are growing closer and closer
- Carrie Cuinn on 5 Golden Age Science Fiction Universes I’d Never Want To Live In
- Ebook Publishers Want Library Borrowing to Be Difficult
- Huffington Post suggests 10 Young Adult Fantasy Books You Should Read
- It’s time for a unified ebook format and the end of DRM
- To expose a bookshelf is to compose a self: towards a history of bookshelves.
- News: Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Darkover Series is Headed to Television
- News: Walking Dead return breaks series’ own record
- The 5 Most Bizarre Science Fiction TV Love Stories
- Doctor Who & The History of the Daleks
- In honor of “The Simpsons” 500th episode this weekend, here is every single sentence Bart has ever written on Mrs. Krabappel’s blackboard in the intro.
- Believe it or not, “11-year-old Hannah J. Wyman designed a video game for Microsoft’s first-ever U.S. Kodu Cup competition – and won.” Best of all, you can download the game here and try it out for yourself.
- The Mass Effect 3 demo is now available.
- Playfic is a community for writing, sharing, and playing interactive fiction games (aka “text adventures”) entirely from your browser.
- UGO.com names the 20 Unsexiest Sexy Video Game Characters