- The Art Sketch Group is hosting a Drawing Contest for Chesire Cat fan art.
- Boston.com has posted a gallery of photos from this year’s Carnival in Rio de Janeiro.
- ekd offers up 100 Stunning Alice in Wonderland Desktops.
- Naldz Graphics has posted a gallery of Astonishing Artworks of Fantasy Lady Warrior Character Illustrations.
- News: Mark Millar, one of the biggest writers in comics, talks about the upcoming movie of his comic-book Kick-Ass…
- Actors pick their favorite performances of the decade at NewYorkTimes Magazine.
- AMOG has compiled a list of 101 Movie One-Liners Everyone Should Know.
- Den of Geek remembers 7 things Back To The Future guessed correctly.
- KoldCast.tv names 13 Great Movies That Probably Sounded Terrible As Pitches.
- Pros talk about the difference between Sound editing vs. sound mixing.
- Slate is searching for the worst date movie of all time.
- StyleCaster picks the 10 Worst Movie Remakes of All Time.
- Are we heading towards a Digital Dark Ages? “One of the great ironies of the information age is that we are creating an abundance of information/multimedia content in the form of photos, video and text on the internet, computers and portable devices but also losing/destroying it at a fantastic pace because it isn’t archived properly for the future.”
- Did Dungeons & Dragons Motivate Dr. Amy Bishop’s Murder Spree?
- Over at Imgur, someone has put together an infographic explaining the single most compelling reason to pirate your movies. Seriously, someone needs to do something about this. Some “right to skip” legislation or something.
- Some people are wondering Are Ebook Readers the New Web Browsers?
- Wired explains how its Transforming the Magazine Experience.
- Interview: Big Dumb Object has video of Kim Stanley Robinson.
- Interview: The Future and You interviews Frederik Pohl.
- Interview: Suvudu offers video of a Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Roundtable.
- News: Apple’s Prices for E-Books May Be Lower Than Expected.
- News: Google e-library ruling is delayed
- News: Less than half of children aged nine to 14 read fiction more than once a month, a study by the National Literacy Trust (NLT) has found.
- E-Book Readers Attack Science Fiction Author Over “Wal-Mart” Comments. At the heart of the matter is the question of whether bestselling science-fiction authors still be able to make a living in ten years.
- The Guardian asks Who’s afraid of digital book piracy?
- Want To Know What a Book Really Costs? About 10 percent of the total price.
- xkcd book makes $53,000 profit in 3 months …from books: Reasons to self-publish, or start your own niche publishing company (& reasons not to)
- Forget Warp speed. NewScientist warns that speed kills, especially warp speed.
- Got some spare time on your hands? Try playing the Doctor Who Drinking Game!
- LifeHacker asks Where Can I Watch the Olympics Online?
- The Atlantic (wtf?) has an interest piece of preserving video games from “bit rot”