- 10 Star Trek collectibles from Toy Fair you’ll want to beam home
- Moss from It Crowd …in LEGO
- What kind of maniac buys a hand-illustrated car? Can you even imagine how paranoid you’d be about dinging that thing? Why does nobody illustrate anything that sits safely in your house, like a fridge or a washer?
- Interview: Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso talks to CBR
- News: AdHouse will be printing Boulet’s 24-Hour Comic, Darkness, in April.
- An Open Letter to the Creators of Sexist Fantasy and Comic Book Art
- Interview: Acting Triple-Threat Zachary Quinto Discusses His Latest Projects
- Interview: Riddick Director David Twohy On An R Rating
- Interview: So here’s Ewan McGregor’s idea for an Obi-Wan Star Wars spinoff
- Bryan Singer Tweets Behind-the-Scenes X-Men Days of Future Past Picture
- Newsarama on the 10 Best Comic Book-Based Performances of All-Time.
- A recent article claimed that the Battle of Hoth was Darth Vader’s least-finest military hour. The defense-geek section of the internet would beg to differ, risking being choked over a viewscreen by a Sith Lord for their impudence.
- News: San Diego Comic-Con tickets sold out in 93 minutes on Saturday.
- Interview: Apex interviews Rachel Swirsky of Oz Reimagined
- Interview: H.E. Goodhue of Zombie Youth: Playground Politics on SF Signal.
- Interview: Lytherus interviews Gail Carriger of Etiquette & Espionage.
- Interview: My Bookish Ways interviews Francis Knight of Fade to Black.
- Interview: The Roundtable Podcast interviews Tobias Buckell of Mitigated Futures.
- Interview: Sword & Laser talks to Trudi Canavan of The Magician’s Apprentice.
- Campbell-award winning science fiction writer Jay Lake has cancer. His prognosis at this point is not good, but there is a distant hope – cancer genome sequencing. This is an expensive process, so the science fiction community got together and held a fundraiser, volunteering “Acts of Whimsy” as rewards for various monetary goals. The results were whimsical indeed. The rewards were many and varied: Tobias Buckell, Jim C. Hines, and Patrick Rothfuss. The fundraiser hit 50% of its goal in about an hour, and, once PayPal was cajoled into unfreezing Lake’s account, ultimately reached 243%. Jay was, and is, most grateful.
- A “Natural History of Dragons” Music Playlist
- Nothing Lasts Forever, the novel by the late author Roderick Thorp that was adapted into the first Die Hard film is about to be re-issued. This site includes a list of 42 plot points from the novel that ended up in the first movie.
- SF Weapons 101: An Introduction
- Why a beautiful Zelda tome is still outselling every book on Amazon. Don’t look now, but as of this writing a detailed hardcover on the history of a videogame is both a New York Times #1 best-seller and the number one selling book on Amazon in the U.S. The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia was originally available in 2010 as a Japan-only celebration of Nintendo’s long-standing franchise. This love manuscript to Link began as a shared project between Nintendo and Shogakukan, a major Japanese publisher of books and manga, to showcase unearthed concept art, design plans, storyboards and an “official” timeline of the Zelda world’s twenty-five years.
- Why eBook Retailers Are Embracing Self-Published Authors
- Why Stephen King was wrong to publish ‘Guns’ as a Kindle Single
- Asteroid Flyby a Wakeup Call, Scientists Say
- The Difference Between Thinking Like a Scientist and a Science Fiction Writer
- Russia Meteor Explosion: 7 Questions Answered
- Why didn’t we know it was coming?
- News: Worldreader Wants To Put A Digital Book In Every Child’s Hand
- Why we’ll probably never build a space elevator
- Interview: Joss Whedon Calls ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ TV Show ‘Hopeful’
- Interview: Julie Benz talks about her new show “Defiance”.
- Stranger than Zombies: Power, Privilege & Lesbian Subtext in ‘The Walking Dead’
- TV’s Most Heartbreaking Deaths
- Interview: Matt Higby of ‘PlanetSide 2’
- News: Violent video game sales coincide with drop in violent youth crimes
- Cliff Bleszinski: People rent, not buy, $60 horror games
- How Kickstarter helped me become a professional video game voice-over actor.
- Kirby’s Creator Isn’t Thrilled with Video Game Storytelling
- More background on how System Shock 2 took about a decade to be released.
- The Science of Video Game Explosions: How difficult could it possibly be to make virtual things explode, anyway?
- Stop blaming video games for America’s gun violence
- News: Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation won a Writer’s Guild Award
- 8 Signs You Were Meant To Be A Writer
- Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Write A Scene. Any Scene
- Ten Tips For Righting Writer’s Block
- This is Not a Checklist: How to Write a Story
- Why Science Fiction Poetry is Embarrassingly Bad