- Interview: Comic Artist Interview with Billy Martinez
- Interview: Jordie Bellaire on sparking Colorist Appreciation Day
- News: DC Comics Announces New Green Lantern Creative Teams
- News: DC Comics has gay marriage storyline in the works for Batwoman. While not busy “defeating Medusa and a horde of villains,” Batwoman prepares to pop the question to Maggie Sawyer
- Boiling Spacetime: How Time Works In The Graphic Novel
- “Gender Through Comic Books” is being touted as “the world’s first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)” devoted to comics. They’ve lined up impressive guests for the course, who will participate in live weekly interviews, including Brian K. Vaughan, Gail Simone, Scott Snyder, Terry Moore, and Mark Waid.
- LGBT Characters In Graphic Novels
- Interview: Guillermo del Toro Talks ‘Pacific Rim’, Sequel Plans
- Interview: Hilarious Rooney Mara Interview by Steven Soderbergh
- Interview: Sam Raimi Explains Why He Hasn’t Seen ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’
- Interview: Speaking to Moviefone, Jack the Giant Slayer director Bryan Singer said he felt his co-star, Nicholas Hoult, would be a great young Han Solo if a spin-off movie comes to life.
- News: The Hobbit Crosses $300M Mark Domestically, almost $1B Worldwide
- News: Mark Hamill in ‘Star Wars 7′ talks
- 5 Biggest Misconceptions About 3D
- 5 Reasons There Can Never Be a ‘Die Hard’ Reboot
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Marc Webb Tweets New Set Photo
- ‘Ender’s Game’: A new look at Ender and Battle School army logos
- Harrison Ford‘s complicated history with Han Solo
- Hollywood Cliches: No Goodbyes
- In Defense Of Spielberg’s War Of The Worlds
- Oscar Fun Facts: 16 Tidbits to Impress Your Friends
- Top 10 Film Franchises That Stopped At One Movie
- Top 10 Interesting Facts About The Oscars
- What’s the Prime Age to Win an Oscar?
- When To Expose Your Kids To Star Wars – A White Paper
- Interview: Adventures in SciFi Publishing podcast-interviews Kevin J. Anderson.
- Interview: The Examiner Q&A with Sarah J. Pepper of Devil’s Lullaby
- Interview: Fast Forward video-interviews John Scalzi of The Human Division #5.
- Interview: The Making of ‘Pulp Fiction’ as told by Quentin Tarantino and the cast.
- News: Bestselling Author Of Children’s Books Accuses Public Libraries Of Stealing His Paychecks
- 8 Science Fiction Tropes of Convenience
- Half of Amazon Book Sales are Planned Purchases: “It’s well known that book lovers are quite happy to spend time in a bricks-and-mortar bookshop to see what sort of interesting titles they find and then go home to buy on Amazon where the prices are often cheaper. Indeed, it’s been identified as such a significant problem that HarperCollins CEO Victoria Barnsley recently made the interesting suggestion that bookshops ought to charge people to come in and browse, an idea that has had a somewhat chilly reception.”
- It’s not what a library stocks, it’s what it shares: The first digital-only library in the US raises key questions about the broader purpose of a library
- Neil Gaiman Interactive: The twelve tales [PDF] are written, but words are only half the story – now Neil wants your help bringing them to life. The next step is to illustrate them. You can read the tales, watch a short video of Gaiman explaining the project, then make some artwork and upload it here to the corresponding month/story. Mr. Gaiman said, “I wrote in three days of madness last week: over 9000 words of tales, each one very different, each one inspired by a reply to a question I’d twittered to the world.”
- Scott Marlowe on Why I Don’t Write About Dragons.
- The shocking truth : Book buyers have minds of their own
- Top 6 Anti-heroes in film and literature
- Have Trekkies taken over the voting on the naming of Pluto’s new moons?
- Interview: ‘Doctor Who’ Moffat on Ice Warriors return: “It’s an absolute cracker”
- Interview: Doing a Twitter interview for Vanity Fair, geek-chick and actress Olivia Munn was asked what her dream role would be in the new Star Wars movie.
- 15 Things You Didn’t Know About “The Walking Dead”
- Defiance: The First Video-Game Television Show. A new science fiction franchise faces many technical challenges in marrying a video game with a television show
- Post-Apocalyptic Parenting in ‘The Walking Dead’
- Ten ‘Unconventional’ (And Accidental) Uses For Star Trek’s Transporter
- The Twin Dilemma: Does The Doctor work better on Earth or in space?
- Why Television Sci-Fi Sucks
- News: ‘Gears of War: Judgement’ leaks early, Microsoft threatens pirates with lifetime Xbox Live ban
- ‘Halo’ creator unveils gaming epic ‘Destiny’
- How To Create Spirituality in a Video Game
- Why Anti-Used Game Consoles Could Be A Good Thing
- Should the government ban violent video games?
- 8 Tips For How To Approach Editing Your Work
- Alternative Ways to Describe Character Reactions
- How To Write Short Stories
- How Writing a Short Story Differs From Writing a Novel
- Roleplaying Games, Writing, And The Creation Of Magical Systems
- The Whys, Whats, and Wherefores of Story Arcs