- The Super Bowl spots for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and Star Trek took most fans by surprise, as the former turned out to be way cooler than expected, while the later was barely recognizable.
- William Shatner remembers actor Ricardo Montalban, the “magnificent dancer” we now all remember as KHAAAAAAN!
- The internet has concluded its broadcast day. Thank you for tuning in. Please join us again tomorrow when the internet resumes it’s regularly scheduled programming.
- Mike Brotherton explains How to Talk with the Mundanes. He begins with the advice that fans should attempt to “Seek some common ground and educate. Some common ground we share with the mundanes includes money, fame, space babes/hunks, and coolness factor.”
- Zombie road signs are soo yesterday. The next big trend is Zombies and cupcakes.
- Free Fiction: Read “This Must Be the Place” by Elliott Bangs at Strange Horizons.
- DailyCognition makes a fair stab at selecting the Top 15 Great Science Fiction Books, but I have to disagree with any list that doesn’t include the Martian Chronicles or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It may be all together impossible to create a definitive list for such a broad genre.
- Orson Scott Card discusses Ursula Le Guin’s Rocannon’s World at Audible.com.
- Here’s a challenge for you. Find the photo that doesn’t belong. Hint: Look for The Daily Show’s John Hodgman.
- Cryptic Studios has released a new batch of Star Trek Online screenshots.