- ComicBook Resources names the Best 100 Comics of 2008. Yes, the top 100. I don’t think I read sixty comics the entire year, which means that there’s about fifty on this list that have been transferred to my shopping list.
- Lists of the Best Comics of 2008 from: Comixology, Creative Loafing, Daily Cross Hatch, Newsrama, NPR, the Village Voice, and Wizard.
- Newsarama interviews Dan DiDio on matter of the DC Universe.
- The latest Batman rumor is that Philip Seymour Hoffman may play the Penguin.
- SciFi Wire takes a behind-the-scenes look at Coraline. The work that went into producing the “The first handmade film shot in 3D.”
- Slashfilm is confident that Warner Brothers won’t kill the Harry Potter series early.
- FBTB Forums announces the winners of its Steam Wars contest.
- Hold off on the wrist-slitting! io9 provides you Five Reasons To Stay Alive Until 2010 At Least.
- io9 rounds up a gallery of Costumed Crimefighters Who Share the Spirit’s Sense of Style.
- Slice of SciFi takes a moment to remember SciFi luminaries who died in 2008.
- Lists of the Best Books of 2008 from: Adventures in Reading, Amazon.com, BookGasm, The Detroit Examiner, Fantasy Hotlist, io9, Publisher’s Weekly, Stephen King, Torque Control,
- SF Signal has posted a somewhat bogus list of The Top 8 Time Travel Television Episodes. It dubiously omits Dr. Who episodes and chooses “Yesterday’s Enterprise” rather than “All Good Things…” as the STNG episode of choice.
- The Escapist names the Best Videogame Trailers Of 2008.
- Lists of the Best Video Games of 2008 from: Fidget, GamesRadar, Metacritic, New York Times, Salt Lake Tribune, Seattle Times, SFGate, Showcase, and UK Telegraph.