- It may not be art, but I could look at it all day. MOCpages has a gallery of photos of a Lego Model of the Redemption Star Wars Medical Frigate.
- SuperPunch features a gallery of Robotech 3 Concept Art. [PDF]
- Comic Book Resources names it’s picks for the Top 100 Comics of 2009. Most are predictable, but there are some surprises tucked down into the list.
- Interview: District 9 director Neill Blomkamp says no to Hollywood: “I don’t want to do high-budget films.”
- Interview: Joe Letteri, Avatar’s effects whiz, talks shop.
- News: Anger in Mexico at jail move for Mel Gibson film shoot.
- News: Peter Jackson has been knighted, says it’s “Better than the Oscars.”
- AskMen counts down the Top Ten Hottest Aliens, beginning with Tuanga Leela.
- eFilmCritic names this year’s Whores of the Year, the critics who roll over for any flick. In a similar vein, check out The Dumbest Ad Quotes Of 2009.
- Random Domain proposes an alternate ending for Avatar.
- SlashFilm picks The Top 10 Trailers of 2009 for a change of pace.
- You’ll never guess what tops Stephen King’s Top 10 Films of 2009.
- Download your own wall calendar featuring vintage pulp magazine covers.
- FlavorWire offers up a (somewhat sketchy) history of The Evolution of Steampunk.
- io9 illustrates 15 Reasons To Live For The Next 10 Years that geeks everywhere will appreciate.
- Interview: Grasping for the Wind interviews Jake Black, author of the recently released The Authorized Ender Companion.
- Interview: Locus Magazine excerpts their interview with Nina Kiriki Hoffman.
- Interview: Patrick Rothfuss interviews Nnedi Okorafor.
- News: Three library associations have asked the Justice Department to oversee Google’s plans to create a massive digital library to prevent an excessively high price for institutional subscriptions.
- The Guardian is asking readers What are your new year’s reading resolutions?
- It’s Public Domain Day 2010, the day when a year’s worth of copyrights expire around the world! Unfortunately, the Australia, Mexico, Russia, and the United States are in public domain freezes.
- Interview: David Tennant discusses his Doctor Who mementos and drops hints that he’ll be back in future cameos!
- Interview: In another interview, David Tennant interviews Russell T Davies, the man behind the Doctor Who revival.
- News: Rupert Murdoch claims that television, particularly the Fox network “can no longer be supported solely by advertising revenues.”
- Hulu is now offering full episodes of MST3K online for free!
- Over at BookLife, Critics on rookie mistakes, and how to avoid them when submitting your book for review.