- “The Houses of Westeros” is a fantastic series of minimalist posters inspired by the Game of Thrones series
- Tired of hearing about Vader, Luke, Han and Leia all the time? Artist Elliot Quince decided to give some of the lesser known characters in Star Wars a bit of the limelight in his clay work Plasticine Tatooine.
- Interview: Marjorie Liu on writing prose, Astonishing X-Men and other matters
- 5 Lamest Moments From DC’s New 52 in 2011
- 10 of the Year’s Most Buzzed-About Comic Releases
- 13 Fantastic Female Comics Creators of 2011
- The 50 best covers of 2011, chosen by Robot 6
- The best comics of 2011: Superhero and mainstream
- BuffyFest have exclusively released the alternate cover for issue 8. [Spoilers]
- ComicsAlliance’s Complete 11 Best Comics of 2011
- Top Ten Single Issues of 2011, as chosen by Comics Bulletin
- Interview: There’s some question of exactly who Ralph Fiennes (the late Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter films) will be portraying in the next James Bond movie, Skyfall. And the actor is doing little to clarify the situation.
- News: A District 9 sequel with Matt Damon is in the works
- News: Movie Attendance Dips to 16-Year Low
- News: Marvel lawyers argue mutants aren’t human
- 5 Biggest Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Flops Of 2011
- 100 Greatest Simpsons Movie References
- How Pixar screwed up cartoon cars for a generation of kids
- “Raiders of the Lost Archives” by StooTV is a shot by shot comparison between the opening sequence of Raiders and thirty adventure films from 1919 to 1973.
- Watch the French trailer for the Sci-Fi Romance Upside Down
- Wielder of Darth Vader’s lightsaber at 60 years of age (while wearing 6″ platform shoes under the black cloak to match the character’s height); swordplay instructor to Errol Flynn and the cast of Lord of the Rings; swordmaster on dozens of films, including The Princess Bride, Highlander, the modern Zorro franchise and Alatriste: Bob Anderson died today. A highlight reel of some of his work: part 1 and 2.
- Interview: Adam Christopher talks about his debut novel, Empire State
- Interview: An Interview with Daniel Abraham, author of The Dragon’s Path
- Interview: Douglas R. Cobb interviews Neal Asher, author of Snow in the Desert
- Interview: Marjorie M. Liu plugs her new Hunter Kiss book, The Mortal Bone.
- Interview: Matt Mogk, head of the Zombie Research Society, is one of the world’s foremost experts on zombies. The author of the zombie educational book for young people, That’s Not Your Mommy Anymore!, and now the authoritative tome Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies, Mogk is a household name for every serious student of undead studies.
- Interview: The New York Times profiles Christopher Paolini
- Interview: Underwords talks to Michael Scott & Colette Freedman, coauthors of the recently released The Thirteen Hallows
- Interview: The Wheeler Centre has posted a video interview with Neil Gaiman
- 12 YA Novels We Can’t Wait To Read In 2012
- The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of 2011
- Diego Basch writes about how the Amazon Kindle has changed his reading habits.
- George RR Martin has posted an excerpt from Winds of Winter!
- Top 10 Fantasy and Horror Books Of 2011, as chosen by the Geeks of Doom
- Film School Rejects picks The 11 Best TV Shows of 2011
- Top 10 Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror TV Shows Of 2011
- Resolve to Write: 52 Writing Exercises to Hone Your Craft