- CrativeFan has posted a gallery of 33 Astounding CG Environments.
- News: Harry Potter VII to be 3-D.
- News: Avatar Inspires New Name for a Chinese Mountain.
- AMC runs down The Five Real Reasons Why Video Game Movies Usually Stink.
- NPR Radio interviews Mark Coleran, the guy who designs computer interfaces for Hollywood movies.
- Interview: The Way the Future Blogs profiles legendary author Issac Asimov.
- Interview: GuidetotheGalaxy interviews Marjorie M. Liu, author of Darkness Calls.
- Interview: IShouldBeWriting interviews James Enge, author of Blood of Ambrose.
- Interview: John Scalzi interviews Margaret Ronald, author of Wild Hunt.
- Interview: OccultDetective interviews Maurice Broaddus, author of King Maker.
- Interview: Pulp Noir interviews Charlie Huston, author of the Joe Pitt series.
- Cory Doctorow discusses copyright in an article in the Guardian.
- Jeff Vandermeer talks Genres of Fiction, and Why They Aren’t Discrete Entities.
- The Klencke Atlas, the largest book in the world, goes on show for the first time.
- Lawrence Lessig Calls Google Book Settlement A “Path To Insanity”.
- The Los Angeles Times contemplates Apple’s tablet and the future of literature.
- The Millions offers Confessions of a Book Pirate. “In truth, I think it is clear that morally, the act of pirating a product is, in fact, the moral equivalent of stealing… although that nagging question of what the person who has been stolen from is missing still lingers.”
- Publishing Perspectives takes issue with the lack of innovation in e-books.
- With Kindle, the Best Sellers Don’t Need to Sell, authors can give copies away.
- National Geographic explains How to Make Mars the New Earth.
- i09 explains 5 Reasons Caprica Is The Season’s Most Promising New SF Series.
- The New York Times explains the cancellation of Conan O’Brien.
- Sci Fi Wire has posted a gallery of photos from the series finale of Dollhouse.
- The BSC Review offers advice on Writing a Shared-World Novel.
- The Magic District discusses Story Mapping and various ways of doing it.
- Rants&Ramblings answers the question How Do You Become an Agent or Editor?