- Don’t miss the daily Geek Art round-up at the Geek Art Gallery.
- Four Color Process is a blog which reposts magnified details from old comic books.
- Four great Indiana Jones concept drawings from comic artist Jim Steranko
- Here’s an illustrated cross-section of Hong Kong’s Kowloon Walled City
- Library Girl by ReinaDelCid is nerdy love song I couldn’t resist posting.
- 7 Insane Alternative Versions of Popular Superheroes
- Can We All Please Just Ignore Crazy, Racist Statements About The French-Muslim Batman-Helper
- 13 sidekicks who are cooler than their heroes
- Topless Robot laments The 9 Biggest Nerd Disappointments of 2010.
- Interview: The Future Of 3-D Movies And TV. NPR’s Robert Siegel talks to David Cohen, an editor at Variety, about how 3-D movies have fared at the box office, and whether 3-D television is catching on.
- News: ‘Forbidden Planet’ Actress Anne Francis Dies at 80
- The 10 Best Movies That Take Place in One Day.
- 15 Excellent Movies for Psychology Majors
- Complex picks The 10 Most Stylish Sci-Fi Movies.
- More Than You Ever Wanted to Think about Tron
- NASA says Blade Runner more believable than 2012, Armageddon, The 6th Day, The Core, Volcano, and Chain Reaction. 2011 budget justified: check.
- PopCrunch remembers The 18 Greatest Body horror Movies.
- Clay Shirky on Wikileaks and the globalization of journalism
- Cory Doctorow: Net Neutrality for Writers: It’s All About the Leverage
- Nerd Violence: Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.
- The Top 10 Britannica queries in 2010
- Top-selling items on eBay, Amazon in 2010
- Interview: Jonathan Strahan chats with Gary K. Wolfe. [Podcast]
- Interview: Suvudu chats with Mike Resnick of The Buntline Special.
- Interview: Tor.com interviews Peter Orullian.
- Interview: In a WSJ interview on the subject of old typewriters, science fiction legend Harlan Ellison conspicuously works in a claim that Cormac McCarthy’s The Road is ripped off from A Boy and his Dog.
- Brain Pickings picks the Best children’s books of 2010
- Librarians’ favorite book recommendations 2010
- Media Bistro has a list of the Top 10 most expensive books sold in 2010.
- Turns out, these Top 10 2011 Book I Want Now are all book I want now, too. Seriously. I’m going to be in the bookstore at 8am the day A Dance With Dragons is released, and there may be a scene if the sale doesn’t proceed fast enough.
- Wall Street Journal’s words of the year 2010
- What Could Have Been Entering the Public Domain on January 1, 2011? (As always, a depressing read.)
- 8 Sci-Fi Technologies That Are No Longer Just Fiction
- The Skeptic has compiled an excellent list of The Top 10 Science Books of 2010.
- Spiders and Space: The Most Popular Stories of 2010
- Interview: Summer Glau, the new Superhero on ‘The Cape’ chats on set about her background as a dancer, becoming a superhero, and having loyal fans.
- More TV viewers may be cutting the cord this year
- 7 Gruesome Decapitation Scenes in Video Games
- 12 Distracting Time Wasters from 2010 to kick off your 2011 gaming!
- According to NPR, Video Games Boost Brain Power, Multitasking Skills.
- CraveOnline laments 10 Cancelled Games We Still Want to Play.
- How Videogames Are Changing the Economy: From Silicon Valley to China to media, they are leading the next productivity revolution. So hug a geek today.
- Maximum PC looks back at The 30 Must-Play PC Games of The Decade.
- 10 Things I learned from J.R.R. Tolkien
- Cat Rambo offers this list of 10 Books for Writers Focusing on Craft