- News: Tom Spurgeon lists 50 positive comics news stories from 2012.
- 2012 in Review: The Great Comic Book Controversies
- How did Hawkeye become Marvel’s best comic?
- Neil Cohn, comics artist turned neroscientist, is studying how our brains treat comic reading like it has its own grammar.
- Peter Parker’s Dead, But Spider-Man Will Live On (Sort Of)
- Why can’t any recent Sherlock Holmes adaptation get Irene Adler right?
- Why do so many villains get caught on purpose?
- Interview: James McAvoy wants us to know that if any Hobbit prequels—say, The Silmarillion—ever get made into movies, he totally wants to be young Gandalf. So he’s already played prequel-Sir Patrick Stewart, and now he wants to play prequel-Sir Ian McKellen.
- Interview: Jeremy Renner on “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”
- The 10 Most Disappointing Movies Of 2012
- 11 Best Movie Characters of 2012
- Does It Matter If The Movie Spider-Man Doesn’t Match The Cartoon Spider-Man?
- The Best New and Short Webcomics of 2012 [Via]
- A petition is going to save the USS Enterprise. Nnot the space ship from Star Trek, America’s first Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier which was “seen” in Star Trek IV.
- Rumour: Universal plans Middle-earth theme park?
- Interview: Bruce Sterling: The Complete Interview, 2013
- Interview: GoodReads interviews Brandon Sanderson of A Memory of Light.
- Interview: Hypable chats with Altered author Jennifer Rush
- 10 Book Series So Addictive, You Never Want Them to End
- 15 Great 2012 Science Fiction/Fantasy Books to Read in 2013
- A brave new world: science fiction predictions for 2013
- Islam & Science Fiction features interviews with authors, art, and more on Muslims and the future. They’ve also released a free book: A Mosque Among The Stars
- J.R.R. Tolkien Quotes: Our Favorites On His 121st Birthday
- Ten best book adaptations of 2012
- A group of physics students from Leicester University has determined how many seagulls it would actually take to lift the peach from Roald Dahl‘s James and the Giant Peach: 2.5 million.
- Ex Libris: Reading a Revolution
- Interview: Eve Myles talks about the future of ‘Torchwood.’
- Interview: Jill Pantozzi was asked what 2013 will hold for the world of Whedon.
- Interview: ‘Walking Dead’ Creator Robert Kirkman Goes Virtual
- News: Could J.K. Rowling be penning a ‘Doctor Who’ story? More to the point, would we want her to? Rumors are milling…
- 10 Doctor Who Moments That Made You Go WHAAA??
- Is the Sonic Screwdriver Overused?
- Science Channel put Firefly deleted scenes online! The Science Channel has released three deleted scenes (from the DVD) that aired on the November special
- “Something To Fight For” is a sort of amazing fan-made trailer for Doctor Who.
- Why The ‘Batman: The Animated Series’ Opening Is The Best Thing Ever
- News: Sony filed a patent earlier this month which recently became public which would prevent second-hand game sales by using an ID tag on their game discs. Basically, once your game was tied to a console, it wouldn’t play on another.
- Mature video games fare well on year-end best-seller list; are they becoming more mainstream?
- Top 10 Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013