- The 10 Best Comics of 2013 – So Far
- The Best Depictions of NYC in Comics
- CBR picks the 50 Best Avengers Stories
- News: At This Very Moment There Are Over 100 Babies In the U.S. Named “Khaleesi”
- Six of the Strangest Fictional Towns
- Why Do We Love Zombies?
- Infographic: The Highest Grossing Movie Franchises of All Time
- Interview: Scott Farrar, visual effects supervisor of World War Z, on the fast moving and swarming zombies in the movie. The undead haven’t always moved so quickly. Traditionally, they’ve been slow and lumbering. But Zack Snyder’s 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake changed the rules. Fans howled at the change, which infected the internet with numerous debates about the differences between “runners” and “walkers,” the evolution of zombies and the ongoing commercialization of the genre.
- Interview: Jamie Foxx explains why Electro is a great villain in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and vaguely addresses the question of whether or not he interacts with other villains.
- Interview: Johnny Depp talks to David Letterman about his role as Tonto
- Interview: Joss Whedon discusses choices in his interpretation of ‘Much Ado’
- Interview: “No one gets what’s special about Superman. … What’s special about Superman, is that his parents didn’t f*cking die.” Max Landis rants about Man of Steel and superhero movies.
- News: Terminator Will Be Back With Trilogy Reboot Beginning in 2015
- The 7 Most Jaw-Dropping Bullet Dodgers in Movie History
- Ever wonder what’s going through Michael Bay’s mind when he’s making movies? Here’s a little insight: Michael Bay Freaking Out About Space Suits.
- Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list includes nerd favs like Joss Whedon, Neil Patrick Harris, and Robert Downey Jr.
- Gunplay: A Supercut of Gunfights in Movies
- Rifftrax hilariously carries on the tradition of MST3k. And though the premise is much the same as before, the Rifftrax folks have added something new: MP3 Commentaries. Instead of confining themselves to public domain and titles whose rights are easy to procure, they do commentaries on Hollywood blockbusters in audio form only. The MST3K spin-off movie riffing series just completed a “best of five years” compilation video.
- Wired has a new Man of Steel featurette about designing the film’s alien tech.
- News: The 2013 Locus Awards for Science Fiction and Fantasy have been announced by Locus Magazine
- News: Literary fiction helps decision-making, empathy
- News: Portsmouth Street To Be Renamed The Ocean At The End Of The Lane After Neil Gaiman’s New Book
- Five science fiction novels for people who hate SF
- Digital-only imprints in the ebook era: inclusive or exploitative?
- Is Black and White Fantasy Dead?
- Why Genre Rules e-Books, and What the Big Publishers Are Doing About It
- Why Science Fiction is Where The Action is for E-Books
- News: Gene Roddenberry’s ashes are going to deep space along with those of his late wife, Majel Barrett Roddenberry
- Think tank counters dystopian science fiction’s ‘wet blanket effect’ on innovation
- Interview: Emmy Q&A With ‘Game Of Thrones’ David Benioff And D.B. Weiss
- Interview: George Takei Discusses Gay Rights, ‘Star Trek,’ Comic Heroes
- News: Lost “Doctor Who” episodes may air this year
- How long would it take to watch all Doctor Who episodes?
- Now, “Voyager”: in praise of the Trekkiest “Trek” of all “As we mourn Abrams’ macho Star Trek obliteration, it’s a good time to revisit that most Star Trek-ian of accomplishments, Voyager, the most despised object of fanboy loathing in the franchise’s history.”
- Under the Dome: Stephen King Hopes Fans Will Accept Changes From His Book
- Infographic: Gaming is Good for You
- Interview: Larry Hryb Talks Xbox 360 in an Xbox One World
- Interview: Video Game Blogger Jim Sterling talks about how he finally came to terms with perpetuating sexism in video game culture, and how he is trying to change his attitude for the better in an interview at Gaming As Women.
- Game suit lets you hear and feel the game
- If Game Developers Were Houses in Game of Thrones
- Is Minecraft the Ultimate Educational Tool?
- Interview: Q&A With Philip Patrick, Head of Kindle Worlds
- 10 Ways to Find Inspiration for Fantasy Writing
- 11 Tips On How To Become A Better Writer
- Stop Submitting Manuscripts to Traditional Publishers