- Infographic: How Much Does It Cost to Be Superman in Real Life?
- Infographic: How Much Does It Cost to Be Batman in Real Life?
- News: Digital Comics Finally Get Subscriptions and Discounted Collections
- 10 Moments That Shaped LGBT History in Comics
- For the First Time, You Can Actually Own the Digital Comics You Buy
- Interview: Alan Moore: The revolution will be crowd-funded: The “Watchmen” creator talks about his new Kickstarter-funded film series, zombies and more
- Interview: Elysium’s Neill Blomkamp Thinks His Hellish Paradise Is Our Future.
- Interview: Joss Whedon on the second season of Sky Arts’ ‘In Conversation’
- Interview: Stan Lee Hates Good Looking Heroes
- Interview: Too Many ‘Spider-Man’ Villains? Marc Webb Tells Fans Not To Worry.
- News: According to Zachary Quinto, Star Trek 3 could start filming as soon as 2014 and J.J. Abrams wants to direct again.
- News: Ender’s Game author Orson Scott Card issues plea for tolerance of his intolerance of gays. When will this persecution based solely on sexual orientation and his virulent hatred of it end?
- News: Neill Blomkamp Turned Down ‘Star Wars’; Has Treatment For ‘District 10′
- News: Robert Downey Jr. is Hollywood’s highest paid actor, says Forbes
- News: Vin Diesel meets with Marvel, leaves saying “wow!”
- Reviews: If Films Were Reviewed Like Video Games
- Reviews: Pacific Rim, You Are So Stupid and I Love You For It
- Reviews: Shakespeare’s In The House. The Sydney Morning Herald on Much Ado
- 6 Famous Authors Who Were Nothing Like You Expect
- 13 Independent Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movies You Should Watch
- 21 Movies You Can Still Look Forward to In the Second Half of 2013
- The 25 Best Action Movies Since Die Hard
- 29 Years Ago This Weekend Was the Best Weekend To See a Movie of All Time
- 8 iconic movie roles Johnny Depp almost played
- Do Critics Have the Wrong Idea About ‘Pacific Rim’ Director Guillermo del Toro?
- The Geek Grammar of Pacific Rim
- ‘The Hobbit’ Actors React To Fan Reactions To ‘The Hobbit’ Trailer
- Hollywood mystery: Who is trying to kill Pacific Rim?
- How To Be Prolific: Guidelines For Getting It Done From Joss Whedon
- Inspired by Geeks OUT’s Ender’s Game boycott, Think Progress has “Five Movies You Should Support In Addition To–Or Instead Of–Ender’s Game.“
- A Comic-Con Vet Has Mixed Emotions About the Annual Geek Gathering
- Here’s an LA Daily News piece on Comic Con
- San Diego Comic-Con: 5 things we’re excited for
- Interview: The Arched Doorway interviews Jim Butcher of Cold Days.
- Interview: Gardner Dozois on Picking the Year’s Best Science Fiction
- Interview: Geek Planet chats with Simon R Green
- Interview: Suvudu interviews Terry Brooks of Witch Wraith
- Interview: Tad Williams of Happy Hour in Hell gives a wide-ranging interview on a wide range of topics, particularly his writing process.
- The 100 Great Science Fiction Stories by Women
- Are J.K. Rowling‘s works better received when she pretends to be a man?
- Findings let’s you collect, share and discuss your Kindle Highlights and snippets from any website on the internet.
- How Amazon Became the King of Audiobooks: Recorded books are now a billion-dollar business, which Amazon dominates perhaps like none other.
- How Linguistic Analysis Helped Unmask Robert Galbraith as J.K. Rowling
- Stop Trying To Make Me Read Game of Thrones
- Why Genre Rules e-Books, and What the Big Publishers Are Doing About It
- Will Self-Publishing Change Portrayals of Commerce in SF?
- A second-grader asks Neil deGrasse Tyson whether two black holes can collide and swallow one another. The answer involves backwards time travel.
- Why aliens might understand the universe very differently than we do
- Amazon Didn’t Kill the Nook, Barnes and Noble’s Inept Leadership Did
- Eight Star Trek technologies that are becoming reality
- If the Kindle fails so will ebooks
- We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Robots: How the Pentagon Could Destroy All Monsters: Giant movie monsters, like the ones in Pacific Rim.
- Interview: Alyson Hannigan: Gellar Was ‘Most Tired’ At End Of ‘Buffy’
- Interview: IGN interviews Iain De Caestecker. He discusses his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. role Agent Leo Fitz.
- Interview: John Barrowman is down with a lady Doctor.
- Interview: Ming-Na Wen about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- 9 BEST ‘SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE’ HOSTS EVER
- Binge Watching Is Our Future
- Is BMO From Adventure Time Expressive of Feminism?
- Meet The Agents of SHIELD writing team.
- Tywin Lannister’s Dinner Party, an extremely awkward recut of an episode in Game of Thones, third season
- Why Buffy made your adolesence seem just plain.
- News: US government recognizes League of Legends players as pro athletes
- In 2007, the arcade cabinet industry was still bringing in $4 billion per year, although down from $8 billion in 2004. By 2012, revenues for coin-operated machines dropped to $35 million. The decline correlates well with the advent for the smart phone, which seems to have created less need for coin-operated distractions in the venues in which arcade games still resided. This opened the door for a novel new idea that the market seems poised to support: All You Can Arcade, which allows you to “have your favorite arcade games delivered to your living room for only $75 per month. … No delivery or pickup fees, and keep the games as long as you want.” It’s like Netflix, but for bigger things.
- Nintendo’s Famicom (the Japanese counterpart to the NES) launched in Japan three decades ago this week. Ars Technica and NintendoLife have posted tributes and history lessons of this console.
- Why Interactive eBooks are a Perfect Fit for Wii U
- Why Nintendo can legally shut down any Smash Bros. tournament it wants