- The 10 greatest comic artists of all time
- Bigger On The Inside: A Timeline
- Film Map: plots the landscape of movies
- A Map of Westros from Ice and Fire
- Star Wars Travel Posters
- What is Graphic Design?
- Interview: ComicVine kicked off San Diego Comic-Con 2012 with an interview with the Co-Publishers of DC Comics, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio.
- Interview: Fanboy Comics catches up with artist Georges Jeanty (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 regarding Buffy: Season 9
- Interview: This is the Spotlight on Jim Lee panel that took place at San Diego Comic-Con 2012. (Part 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Women in comics and the tricky art of equality
- Infographic: The Cost Of Being Batman seems a bit inflated, since we’ve already established that Bruce Wayne didn’t spend that much time in college and he makes his own throwing stars.
- Interview: Fran Kranz talks Dollhouse and The Cabin in the Woods.
- News: The Aurora Theater Shooting: What Do We Know?
- Batman trilogy plagued by ‘curse’
- IRON MAN 3 Set Photos: Over A Dozen People on Wires
- New images from Dredd show off Lena Headey’s villainous Ma-Ma
- Will the young’uns ruin movie history for the rest of us? asks BoingBoing. Is it true we don’t enjoy the classics like we used to? Neal Gabler thinks so.
- In case you needed another reason to love/fear them: With a tone that sometimes rings condescending or conspiratorial but always wonderfully flippant, the best minds of cracked.com discuss the grandest extremities of modern physics.
- The Internet Flowchart, as envisioned by the DogHouse Diaries.
- Top 10 Oddest Things People Have Used Facebook For
- What if Aaron Sorkin of The West Wing fame had written Avatar, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Twilight? The Star Wars parody is dead on.
- Interview: Comic Book Resources interviews Felicia Day.
- Interview: The High Bar interviews William Gibson
- Interview: Neil Gaiman, 7, Interviewed About Scientology by the BBC in 1968. David Gaiman, Neil’s dad, was Scientology’s UK PR chief. Neil was brought up in the cult but prefers not to talk about his childhood as a
practicing Scientologist. In 2010, he declared that he’s not a church member.
- Interview: Singularity Hub interviews Vernor Vinge.
- Interview: Suvudu interviews Daniel H. Wilson of Amped.
- News: Sword and Laser interviews Daniel Suarez of Kill Decision
- Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classics Are About.
- The Library of America recently started an online companion to their 1950s Science Fiction Golden Era collection which includes cover art, interviews with authors and articles by writers on the genre.
- The New York Public Library is moving towards a bookless library system.
- What, if anything, separates literary fiction from genre fiction in general and young adult fiction specifically? An English teacher considers the question.
- YOU CHOSE WRONG is a children’s treasury of horrible “choose your own adventure” story endings.
- Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life: This free Coursera university course will have you searching for aliens at a college level
- Bioengineers have made an artificial jellyfish using silicone and muscle cells from a rat’s heart. The synthetic creature, dubbed a medusoid, looks like a flower with eight petals. When placed in an electric field, it pulses and swims exactly like its living counterpart. A group of Harvard researchers have “reverse-engineered” a lifeform by building an artificial jellyfish (dubbed a “medusoid) using silicone and cells taken from a rat’s heart. More video and info at the Harvard Gazette.
- Interview: Matt Smith says he’s never gonna leave Doctor Who. Not until …
- News: ‘Fringe’ Duo Adapting ‘Sleepy Hollow’ for Fox
- The very first scholarly article on Joss Whedon has been found. Titled “The Role of Education in Buffy the Vampire-Slayer,” the essay dates back to 1998.
- Watch GeekNation’s video of the ‘Buffy Turns 20′ panel at Comic-Con.
- News: Global Video Game Industry Will Reach $82 Billion By 2017
- For those who have always dreamed of seeing Atlas and P-Body bust out, it’s your lucky day, because they’re loose and reeking havoc in Liberty City Be sure to have some cake, too. (Language warning: These clips involve Grand Theft Auto IV).