- An astounding collection of Super 8 concept art for the Spielberg fetishist
- Embassy Suites has a sense of humor.
- The Geek Art Gallery has posted a gallery of amazing fan posters for Batman Rising.
- Help Lev Grossman design a new crest for Brakebills (for The Magicians).
- The Japanese can now create a doll with your own face on it. In this gallery, Danny Choo demonstrates the process. Creepy!!!
- “Starry Night Over Mordor“
- News: Mark Millar Calls It Quits on Marvel
- The Idiot Husband’s Guide to GREEN LANTERN
- Jane Espenson and Georges Jeanty wrap up Buffy Season 8!
- Marvel, Warner Bros., and Disney Not Presenting at Comic-con 2011. Has Comic Con Lost Its Luster? (or is it just returning to its roots?)
- Interview: Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams talks Super 8
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr. talks about Joss Whedon and The Avengers.
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau Talk ‘The Avengers’ & ‘Iron Man 3′
- Interview: Ryan Lee is J.J. Abrams’ Resident Kid-Pyromaniac
- News: Shia LaBeouf officially quitting Transformers. Finally! There’s hope at last.
- 5 Things We Expect J.J. Abrams’ STAR TREK 2 To Have
- The 7 Greatest (True) Johnny Depp Stories Ever Told. It’s not that he does cool things, but whatever he does becomes defined as “cool.”
- 12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Movie Home Alone
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movies
- The Best Movie Theaters In America
- The formula for a successful movie: You can keep using it over and over because it works; always has, always will.
- Infographic: Every 3D Movie Ever Made
- New Deathly Hallows Poster Released. Check it out at Reel Movie News.
- Retro Captain America Poster Lets Chris Evans Punch Hitler
- Who Should Be Next For The X-Men Movies?
- Will ‘Harry Potter’ & ‘Transformers’ Stop Wall Street’s Anti-3D Stampede?
- Interview: Angry Robot welcomes Lavie Tidhar of Camera Obscura to the show.
- Interview: Comic Book Outsiders talks with Lauren Beukes about her Arthur C. Clarke Award winning novel, Zoo City.
- Interview: Daniel H. Wilson on Robopocalypse
- Interview: Listen to a conversation between legendary American crime novelist Raymond Chandler and James Bond inventor Ian Fleming recorded by the BBC in 1958. The talk ranges from Mafia hits to the nature of villainy to the difference between English and American thriller.
- Interview: Neil Gaiman offers a Q&A on Doctor Who
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan talks to Brent Hayward of Fecund’s Melancholy Daughter
- Interview: Tamora Pierce on ‘Twilight,’ Girl Heroes, and Fantasy Birth Control
- News: Terry Pratchett starts process to take his own life: Sir Terry Pratchett, the fantasy writer who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2008, said yesterday he had started the formal process that could lead to his own assisted suicide at the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland. The fantasy writer Terry Pratchett says he has received consent forms requesting assisted suicide but has not yet signed them.
- 14 Most Promising Stills From Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Are Galactic Empires the New Middle Earth?
- Check out the book trailer for Feed and Deadline by Mira Grant
- Contemporary fiction for teens is rife with explicit abuse, violence and depravity. Why is this considered a good idea? Is contemporary young adult fiction too dark for its intended audience? Meghan Cox Gurdon, writing in the Wall Street Journal thinks so. Publishers Weekly blogger Josie Leavitt disagrees, as does YA author Sherman Alexie. Other reactions here and here.
- Salman Rushdie says TV drama series have taken the place of novels
- What’s Missing From the Union of Urban and Epic Fantasy
- Why the Best Kids Books Are Written in Blood
- 25 Fascinating Brain Books Anyone Can Enjoy
- A Big Surprise from the Edge of the Solar System. Sadly, not aliens.
- Genetically engineered cell becomes world’s first living laser
- The twin Voyager probes launched by NASA in 1977 have discovered something new in the heliosheath at the edge of the solar system: it’s frothy out there. Video.
- This is the coolest science experiment you’ll see all week [Via]
- What is the most scientifically plausible superpower?
- Review: PCMag calls Nook Touch the new king of ereaders
- An American and a German robot have been brought together to shop for and prepare a meaty Bavarian breakfast.
- Interview: Conan O’Brien Talks To Grads About Failure
- Interview: James Marsters: Still buff(y) after all these years.
- Interview: Nick Meyer On His Gene Roddenberry Regret
- Interview: Sean Bean’s reaction to last night’s episode of Game of Thrones
- News: AMC Renews ‘The Killing’ For Season 2
- News: Star Wars TV Series Delayed 3-5 Years; Plot Details Emerge.
- News: Tom Hanks producing 6 seasons of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods for HBO
- Philosophy explained through Dollhouse.
- Watch Neil Patrick Harris’ opening number from the 2011 Tonys.