- Pete Corp shows off his Lego Slave Leia.
- These 20 breathtaking realistic CG portraits from CGSociety are almost photo-realistic.
- Forget those glittery gold Vampires, here’s a list of 15 Funny Vampire Films, no angst involved.
- The Future of Classic runs down a list of Seven Iconic Shots of the Moon in movies.
- SciFi Wire asks How will the writers of Star Trek approach the sequel film?
- Free Fiction: Issue 18 of OG’s Speculative Fiction is available free.
- Free Fiction: Read “The Gun” by Philip K. Dick from Planet Stories at Project Gutenberg.
- Free Fiction: Read “Superhero Girl” by Jessica Lee at Fantasy Magazine.
- Interview: The BSC interviews Alan Dean Foster, author of the recent Flinx Transcendent.
- Interview: Studio 360 interviews Duncan Jones, director of Moon. [Spoilers]
- Unreality runs down a list of 15 Great Low Budget Movies That Made a Relative Killing and The 10 Best Horror Films of the Last 10 Years. What do they share in common? The Blair Witch Project.
- The New York Times offers up a list of words that sends its readers in search of a dictionary. Topping the list are: sui generis, solipsistic, and louche. Compare them to the most commonly searched words at Dictionary.com: search, metaphor, irony, alliteration…
- Omnivoracious reflects on Five Reasons Tolkien Rocks: Norse Magic, Tradgedy, The Watcher in the Water, Allegory, and Subcreation.
- Does the internet make students better writers? It doesn’t seem like it would, but some argue otherwise.
- Michael A. Burstein discusses writing for free by way of commenting on a recent NY Times piece.