- 17 Delicious Cakes Inspired by Books
- JapanBook stacking in Japan stores
- The Walking Dead Cross-Stitch
- News: DC Says Readers Are Downloading 1M Digital Comics Each Month, Announces New Interactive Features
- Top 3 Comic Book Series That Deserve to be on Television Right Now
- 25 Greatest (and 5 Worst) Superheroes
- Darth Vader to Homer Simpson: 20 of Hollywood’s Worst Dads
- Great Origin Stories from Movies & TV
- Passing Dungeons & Dragons on to your child
- Interview: Joss Whedon talks Avengers 2.
- Interview: Michael Shannon on General Zod, the NSA, and David Letterman
- Interview: Much Ado about Nathan Fillion and Clark Gregg.
- Interview: Total Film in conversation with Joss Whedon
- Interview: Zack Snyder Explains Man Of Steel’s Controversial Ending
- Reviews: Gene Wilder slams Tim Burton‘s remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as an insult ” “It’s just some people sitting around thinking: ‘How can we make some more money?’”
- 10 Classic Star Trek Plot Devices That Could Inspire The Next Movie
- Although the new Superman movie by Zack Snyder has put off critics with its appropriation of 9/11 imagery and riled fans with its revision of the superhero’s moral code, Warner Bros. Studios is hoping Man of Steel will win over the Christian market. In interviews, Snyder is talking up “Christ-like parallels” in his reboot of the character created by Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel. For those who’d like something more theologically grounded, the studio’s marketing department is offering sermon notes entitled “JESUS – THE ORIGINAL SUPERHERO” [PDF] by Dr. Craig Detweiler, M. Div., and organizing free pastor screenings through faith-based PR firm Grace Hill Media. They aren’t the first, however, to notice similarities between Jesus and Superman (among other popular cultural figures).
- Five Favorite Films with Joss Whedon
- The Insane Destruction That The Final “Man Of Steel” Battle Would Do To NYC
- A fanfic explanation for a certain continuity issue in the new Star Trek movie.
- Star Trek: Into Whiteness
- Ten Ways to Make a Dungeons & Dragons Movie Not Suck
- Why Reviews Matter For ‘Man Of Steel’
- Interview: Amazing Stories interviews Christopher Priest of The Adjacent
- Interview: Fantasy Faction interviews Patrick Rothfuss
- Interview: The Guardian has the final interview with Iain Banks of The Quarry.
- Interview: Iain Banks reveals brutal impact of cancer in final book
- Interview: Newsnight interviews Neil Gaiman of The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- Interview: SF Signal interviews Django Wexler of The Thousand Names
- News: The Seattle Public Library has set a new record for the longest domino chain… made of books. The books were all donations, not regular collection.
- 25 Things I’m Learning From Closing a Bookstore
- The 50 Books Everyone Needs to Read (1963-2013)
- A.C. Wise has an article up on SFSignal detailing where to start reading female SFF authors like Le Guin, Shirley Jackson, and more.
- Faith Mudge on Feminism in Fairy Tales
- The LA Times Hero Complex looks at diversity in SF and Fantasy fiction.
- The Most Highlighted Books of All Time: The Holy Bible and Steve Jobs.
- A Secret History: The Real Stories Behind Literature’s Most Legendary Figures
- Why Do Old Books Smell?
- Physics Shows Batman’s Cape Is Suicide Machine
- The smell of old books analysed by scientists: Old books smell like grass, with a tang of acidity and a hint of vanilla, according to scientists who have discovered a way to tell the condition of an works by their odour.
- Interview: The cast of Game of Thrones talks about season 3
- Interview: Chloe Bennet discusses Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and working with Joss.
- Interview: Gwendoline Christie discusses the challenges of playing Brienne.
- Interview: GQ chats with Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) about villains.
- Interview: Maisie Williams discusses Game of Thrones S3
- Interview: Game of Thrones cast: If you could make your own house motto and sigil, what would they be? Bradley West’s choice needs to be a poster.
- Interview: Maisie Williams On Season 3 Finale, Her Red Wedding Vine
- News: Seymour the dog is making his return to Futurama, and he’s getting a speaking line, voiced by none other than Seth MacFarlane.
- 7 Things From Game of Thrones More Haunting Than The Red Wedding
- 8 Life Lessons From TV Dads
- The 15 Most Memorable TV Deaths
- Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow Undergoes an 1980s Style Training Montage
- In this mysteriously leaked DVD commentary for Season 4 of “Game Of Thrones,” George R.R. Martin drops some MASSIVE plot bombshells.
- How Video Game Developers Are Abandoning the Traditional Controller in favor of creating more immerse experiences
- Jimmy Fallan wrote a special ode to all the diehard World of Warcraft fans.
- Microsoft To Reverse Xbox One Policies After Fan Revolt – Forbes
- The People You See At Every Midnight Release
- With this new video game coming out, we must finally ask: is this the Citizen Kane of video games? Someone’s been reading Critical Miss.
- Xbox One Controller Features Biometric Security
- Adding Depth to a Fantasy World
- Creating Your Own Mythology
- The Future Of Self-Publishing
- How to Write Characters Who Don’t Sound Like You
- Make it Stick – The Art of the Chapter Ending