- Interview: The very peculiar world of Alan Moore: Comic book icon talks mysticism, snake gods and Hollywood.
- Interview: Harry Potter FX Supervisor Talks ‘Good’ 3D for ‘Deathly Hallows Part 2′
- News: The ‘300’ Sequel-Prequel Gets a New Title and a Director… Short List
- News: James Cameron Says Avatar 2 & 3 Won’t Be a Trilogy
- News: Jeff Bridges To Produce & Star In Young Adult Novel Adaptation ‘The Giver’
- Review: 12 best (and worst) mainstream review quotes about Transformers 3
- The 10 Most Masterful Movie Scores of All Time
- The 50 Greatest Movie Robots
- Check These Out A Couple Spectacular Unused Posters for ‘Super 8′
- Harrison Ford calls Shia LaBeouf a ‘fucking idiot’ for criticising Indiana Jones
- Hollywoodonomics: how Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix “lost” $167M
- A letter by director Michael Bay helpfully advising projectionists the proper way to show his new film Transformers 3 in movie theaters and a very grateful response from the Projectors’ Guild.
- ScreenRant picks their Our 20 Favorite Movie Robots
- Who should be the villain of The Avengers? io9.com has their top 10 list of who should be cast as the big bads and why.
- Netflix for Theaters: MoviePass Lets You Watch Unlimited Movies in Theaters, but is it worth $50.00/month? I don’t know, but it’s enough to make me consider moving into the apartments next to the theater to give it a try for a semester.
- Watch the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol trailer online now.
- The Professor is Dead. Long Live Netflix! As Netflix rebrands itself as a cable TV alternative rather than a by-mail video rental service, it’s killing off its user community and anonymizing reviews. Top reviewer The Professor is philosophical about the change (see main link), others less so.
- Interview: City of Ruin: Mark Charon Newton on His Legends of the Red Sun.
- Interview: Daryl Gregory briefly talks about Raising Stony Mayhall.
- Interview: Ellen Datlow plugs her new anthology, The Best Horror of the Year 3.
- Interview: Fantasy Book Critic discusses Mob Rules with author Cameron Haley.
- Interview: Keeping SF Relevant In A Technological Society
- Interview: N.K. Jemisin of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms talks with the SFWA.
- Interview: OneMetal Talks to Mark Chadbourn
- 10 Diverse Sci-Fi Authors You Should Know
- Public libraries fight to stay relevant in digital age
- Science Fiction Languages vs. Fantasy Languages
- Interview: Guillermo del Toro Dishes On Upcoming ‘Hulk’ TV Show on ABC
- Interview: Steven Spielberg Talks Falling Skies and Upcoming TV Projects
- It’s no secret that Aimi Eguchi is beautiful and talented. But human? Not exactly.
- “Objects in Space” an Objectively Great Series Finale? The last episode of “Firefly” makes The A.V. Club’s list of accidental TV finales that worked well as finales.
- Games at Google is Hiring
- Video Games Make Lots of Money – But is That a Good Thing?
- World of Warcraft Now Offers Unlimited Trials
- 25 Things You Should Know About Revisions
- Capcom will let you complete your purchased game. Once. In a very sad twist, Capcom’s fighting back against the second-hand game market with a game that can only support one save file — for life. I’m pretty sure I’ve just bought my last Capcom game, but I’m guessing Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is going to set new records for most-pirated game in history.
- Flirting and Writing Good Dialogue
- Poor Little Thing: Making Readers Care About Plot-Centric Characters