- Avengers Cake
- Game of Thrones Dragon Egg Cake
- A Portal Bedroom for a hardcore fan
- Seth Sivak whipped up this cool table top Portal Board Game. Looks like Yahtzee.
- Interview: Comic Vine interviews Mike Carey & Bill Willingham of Unwritten
- 10 Genres that Superheroes Have Swallowed Up
- Marvel Comics: World-Killing in a Bi-Polar Universe
- Interview: Amy Acker talks about Much Ado About Nothing.
- 5 Brilliant Clues Hidden in the Background of Movies. The Jurassic Park clue makes me feel like an idiot for not noticing it earlier.
- 6 Ways To ‘Fix’ Movie Trailers
- After Earth as Scientology Propaganda: What Critics Are Saying
- A Former Scientologist Reviews After Earth
- Top 10 unexpected movie deaths.
- Why After Earth Bombed: Six Theories
- Interview: Apex Magazine interviews Cherie Priest of The Inexplicables
- Interview: The Civilian Reader interviews Wesley Chu of The Lives of Tao.
- Interview: My Bookish Ways interviews Richard Dansky of Vaporware
- Interview: The Qwillery interviews Alan Averill of The Beautiful Land.
- Interview: Sword & Laser interviews Lois McMaster Bujold of Captain Vorpatril’s Alliance (Vorkosigan Saga)
- 5 Zombie Reads You Need to Consume
- The 10 Rules of Evolution in Science Fiction
- 10 Science Fiction Novels That Will Definitely Never Be Movies
- Authors on Their Favorite Horror Scenes
- Female Warriors in Fantasy
- How to read Lovecraft: A practical beginner’s guide
- The Magic Of Pulp Fiction
- Recent Novels That Use Time Travel to Great Effect
- “This is a Bookshop” from the door of The Albion Beatnik in Oxford
- Understanding the Sexism of Fantasy
- The Unexpected Exotic: Settings in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Why Neil Gaiman Thinks Fiction Is Dangerous
- How to prevent an astronaut bloodbath on Mars: To protect the psyches of future space travelers, NASA might deck them out in wearable sensors that spot meltdowns before they happen
- Is It Time For A Private Space Race?
- Sony will use eyeIO’s video compression tech to deliver 4K movies
- Interview: Coco chats with George R.R. Martin About Death-Prone Characters
- Interview: Game of Thrones Q&A: Richard Madden on Robb Stark’s Endgame. The King in the North reflects on his long war for the Iron Throne after tonight’s shocking episode.
- Interview: In an interview at Buzzfeed, co-creators John Fawcett and Graeme Mason and Maslany discuss Orphan Black’s first season and the technical process of making the show. Over at the AV Club, Maslany discusses all her roles–in the same show.
- Interview: Joss Whedon: ‘I kept telling my mum reading comics would pay off.’
- News: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets nominated for “Most Exciting New Series” in the Critics’ Choice TV Awards.
- News: “…the BBC hasn’t ruled out casting a woman as the Doctor.”
- 7 Television Shows That Took Potshots at Fanfic Writers
- Audiences demand story arcs. Buffy is used as an example of the growing demand for overarching story arcs in genre TV and film.
- ‘Dealing with the F-Word’ – a Whedonverse essay.
- The genius of Buffy. A wonderful short post about the depth of Buffy, how mom does not get it, and how there has been a backlash.
- I Love ‘The Big Bang Theory.’ And You Should, Too
- Just Let Go: A Guide to Making Peace With The Killing’s Third Season
- On Saturday, the premiere season of BBC America’s Orphan Black finished up its first ten-episode run. The show has garnered praise and buzz for lead actress and relative unknown Tatiana Maslany: “There’s no better special effect on television right now than Tatiana Maslany playing a variety of clones.”
- Who Will be the Next Doctor Who?
- Yes, Women Really Do Like Game of Thrones (We Have Proof)
- Infographic: Gaming is Good for You
- Interview: Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4: Conversations with Creators
- Review: The Last of Us Would Have Been Better With No Guns
- 6 Tips on Building a Game as a Service
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Change is scary: The Xbox One response
- Hardcore Console Gamers Don’t Want Much, Just the Impossible
- My Name Is Tom and I’m a Video Game Addict
- PlayStation 4: The Last of the Game Consoles
- 11 Neil Gaiman Quotes on Writing
- How to Sell Your Short Fiction
- Why fiction writers should read poetry. Pair with how to enjoy poetry and Coleridge on what a poem is.