- Salvidor’s The Persistence of Memory gets an update with a Portal twist.
- This is what it looks like when Minecraft addicts design a stadium
- Star Wars Illustrations by Tsuneo Sanda
- UK-based filmmakers Gary Scullion and Nick Acott of Sneaky Zebra created this original short film about three friends who fight to the death with iconic movie weapons. Try to guess the winning weapon before starting the video.
- Interview: Furious Five With Jeff Parker: The Emerald City Comicon Edition
- Interview: Ask a Magician: How Hard Is It to Make It in the Illusion Game?
- Interview: Buckle Your Brainpan: The Primer Director Is Back With a New Film
- Interview: Danny Boyle Not Interested In ‘Bond’ Or Big Budget Tentpoles; Once Contemplated Directing ‘Alien 4’ Though
- Interview: Digital Domain CEO: We Can Still Save the Visual-Effects Industry
- Interview: James Cameron 3D Films, “Cirque Du Soleil” Movie, “Avatar” Sequels
- News: Ian McKellen to officiate Patrick Stewart’s wedding
- News: In case there was any doubt, yes, Paul W.S. Anderson will direct the sixth Resident Evil movie, and yes, Milla Jovovich will star.
- News: ‘Sunshine’ and ‘Never Let Me Go’ Writer Alex Garland to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Ex Machina’
- 7 movies that are cleverly disguised Shakespeare adaptations
- 10 Star Actors Who Were Badly Injured on Movie Sets
- 14 minor sci-fi film characters who are worthy of their own movie
- Blade Runner Producer Screening Notes Ask ‘Were They All on Drugs’
- Luke’s Change: An Inside Job? An examination of some questionable events and circumstances leading up to the destruction of the Death Star, through the eyes of an amateur investigative journalist within the Star Wars galaxy.
- 3 Problems With Fairy Tale Movies Like Jack the Giant Slayer
- Is Jurassic Park 4′s Secret Director Actually Steven Spielberg?
- Movie House of Worship: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Star Trek Needs a Gay Character and Here’s How to Do It: One Trekkie’s Proposal
- The Top 10 Movies That Will Make 2015 The Ultimate Year For Geekdom
- Why did Jack the Giant Slayerbomb so horribly?
- Why Do Movies About ‘The Information Age’ Hide Information?
- Why don’t we have any superheroine movies?
- March Madness explained with Star Wars
- Star Wars fans can argue til the cows come home about which character is the best. Now StarWars.com is ready to settle the score once and for all. Well, not really because we know this won’t actually end any debate. But it’ll be fun to watch the characters pitted against each other just the same.
- 10 Books to Read While You Wait for ‘Game of Thrones’ to Come Back
- Another mind-blowing alternate ending for the Harry Potter series
- Books Like Game Of Thrones: George RR Martin’s Recommended Reading
- Brilliant Spoofs of the Classic Fantasy Novel Map. These are funny even if you aren’t all that familiar with the subject they parody.
- Nicola Griffith recommends good lesbian science fiction novels.
- Science Fiction Books That Inspired Elon Musk the founder of SpaceX
- What Would a Rational Gryffindor Read? This real-life Hogwarts reading list is absolutely brilliant. Ravenclaw’s isn’t bad either.
- Who Will Be the Next Douglas Adams? Hopefully, Nobody
- 11 of the Weirdest Solutions to the Fermi Paradox
- The Great Filter theory suggests humans have conquered the threat of extinction
- App from Dutch director Bobby Boermans is an appropriately titled horror film that encourages viewers to download a free app that delivers second screen content during the movie. The film follows psychology student Anna Rijnders, who becomes addicted to apps, social media, and her smartphone. Rijnders finds a mysterious app called IRIS that begins sending cryptic texts as people around her die in mysterious ways. The second screen app for viewers — which looks like a cross between Apple’s Siri voice assistant and Hal 9000 — is available for iOS and Android, has information about the movie and its cast, and will deliver related content at select points throughout the film. App will hit Dutch theaters on April 4th, and enterprising filmmakers around the world will likely be watching to see how audiences react to the unique second screen tactic.
- Building a new society in space: If any mission to the Moon or Mars is successful, how will people behave when they are free from Earth’s influence?
- Interview: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel talk about Bones, comparisons to Castle, and give a shout out to Buffy.
- Interview: Highlights from a panel all about the 2nd Doctor.
- 5 Reasons to Love the 11th Doctor
- 8 TV Actors We Loved In Shows That Are Not Their Own
- 12 completed films we may never get to see.
- 21 TV episodes that do dream sequences right
- 50 Great “Doctor-ish” Moments from 50 Years of Doctor Who
- The BBC has released new posters for season 7 episodes of Doctor Who.
- The strange, secret evolution of Babylon 5 documents the development of the television show Babylon 5, which premiered just over 20 years ago.
- What happens when Game of Thrones runs out of books to adapt?
- You really don’t want Game of Thrones to last 10 seasons
- Interview: Hideo Kojima explains The History of Metal Gear!!
- Video Games are Obsessed With Bows And Arrows, but which is Best?
- Touching again on the woes of SimCity 5, one Slashdot user (slight language warning) finds the Sim-behavior of the Sims in the game don’t line up with actual human behavior.
- My Amazon bestseller made me nothing
- Reselling E-Books and the One-Penny Problem
- Will Authors Get Compensated for Used E-Book Sales?