- News: Select Dark Horse Comics titles are now available digitally via Google Play.
- Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin have released The Private Eye, a pay-what-you-will, no DRM comic. Get your copy at PanelSyndicate.com.
- Marvel’s ‘Age of Ultron’ Features Controversial Angel
- Stan Lee’s World of Heroes kicks off a second season of its animated Bad Days series, this time focusing on Deadpool.
- 10 Sci-Fi War Movies and Series
- Great science fiction and fantasy creators who started out writing comedy.
- Orbit’s Top Five Cyborg Heroes and Villains
- Top 10 Girl-Power Moments in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- The 11 Greatest Computer Supervillains in Film
- The algorithm that won an Oscar: Hollywood likes a good explosion. Now, with the help of an open source algorithm called Wavelet Turbulence, filmmakers can digitally re-create pyrotechnics that were time-consuming and difficult to control.
- From the Wire: The Ethics of Critics-Turned-Filmmakers
- The History of Sci-Fi Cinema: Fritz Lang, Metropolis and German Expressionism
- Inside Secrets of the Making of Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan and “Space Seed”
- The Pros & Cons of J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars Episode Vii
- Questionable Authority: 10 Crazy Leaders in Movies
- Sci-Fi Romance: 10 Star-Crossed Lovers From Fantasy Films
- Shot-by-Shot Analysis Of Star Trek Into Darkness International Trailer
- Did you hear the whackadoodle conspiracy theory that the destruction of the Death Star was an inside job? Ken Miyamoto does some hilarious debunking at Slate.
- This Game of Thrones / Princess Bride Mash-Up is Perfect
- Interview: Examiner interviews Marie Brennan of Natural History of Dragons.
- Interview: My Bookish Ways interviews Janet Edwards of Earth Girl.
- Interview: Neil Gaiman on Neverwhere‘s radio debut.
- Interview: Omnivoracious interviews Jessica Brody of Unremembered.
- Interview: Tor Books UK interviews Jeff Noon of Falling Out of Cars.
- 5 Hilarious Reasons Publishers Rejected Classic Best-Sellers
- 5 Things I Like About George R.R. Martin
- 10 Illuminating Fan Letters From Famous Authors, To Famous Authors
- Isaac Asimov and the Three Laws of Robotics
- As promised, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and his team have recovered several Apollo F-1 rocket engines from the bottom of the ocean.
- The Nielsen Family Is Dead. Nielsen Now Tracks (Almost) Everything You Buy: Credit, Debit and Bank Data Now Combined With TV, Online Viewing. Nielsen Offers Focus on ‘Zero-TV’ Homes. Nielsen Agrees to Expand Definition of TV Viewing. The 23,000 U.S. homes Nielsen currently samples are going to see some changes this year.
- Wired reports that scientists at NTT Basic Research in Japan have managed to make lasers out of sound. Phasers. Scientists have invented the phaser.
- Interview: Omnivoracious interviews George R.R. Martin
- News: HBO is Considering a ‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series, Says Martin
- 10 things we learned from the Game of Thrones S3 Emmys panel
- Doctor Who fans might want to pick up this week’s Entertainment Weekly.
- Dude, You Have To Watch This: Nine Television Episodes That Will Finally Get Your Friends On Board Your Favorite Show
- The Game of Thrones Instagram account posted pics from the premiere.
- The Game of Thrones showrunners on the show outpacing the books
- Seth Green’s 3 Rules for Creative Quality Control.
- Why Doctor Who is Pop Culture Sci-Fi At Its Best
- You can hate Sansa Stark, but don’t be a dick to the actress that plays her.
- After a two-year dormancy, host Robert Ashley posted a new episode of the video game podcast A Life Well Wasted.
- Matt Haig: 30 things that every writer should know