- Movie Villains in their Old Age
- Simpsonized ‘Hunger Games’ Portraits Raise the Question: Could Bart and Lisa Survive the Arena?
- Someone built a working scientific calculator in Minecraft.
- When Redditor kelseypolo and her husband were building their new home, they found they had some extra space adjacent to their daughter’s bedroom, and decided to transform it into a real-life Narnia.
- 12 Colleges Bringing Comic Books into the Classroom
- How comic books bridge the generation gap
- Johanna Draper Carlson, who has been running Comics Worth Reading since 1999, says “Looking for the best of the best? Here’s a list of Must-Read Comic Classics, my attempt at defining a comics canon.”
- 16 of sci-fi and fantasy’s most dangerously kick-ass young women
- The Top Ten Robots of Science Fiction
- Interview: Gary Oldman ‘thought he had lost’ Batman film script
- Interview: ‘Hunger Games’: ‘It Would Have Been Impossible’ Without Jennifer Lawrence, Says Director Gary Ross
- News: Watching Harry Potter films enhances creativity in children
- 17 Movies worth geeking out to in 2012
- From Queen Esther to Occupy: 5 Ways to Interpret ‘The Hunger Games’
- How a Reddit comment became a big sci-fi action movie.
- The Overlook Hotel: Ephemera related to Kubrick’s Masterpiece, The Shining.”
- Watch This: New Norton Featurette for Joss Whedon’s ‘The Avengers’
- The AV Club’s Todd Van der Werf enters the Dungeon “I’ve been at this for three days straight, and I need to start getting back to my everyday life, to start settling back into my real role as a TV critic with -3 dexterity. I go through the motions of playing the good guy, of standing in front of doors as we open them, in case they’re booby-trapped. This, of course, is how I end up getting splashed with copious amounts of acid, which begins to eat away at my health. (“It’s not a second-edition game unless there’s a room full of acid,” Brett says, and everyone agrees.) Instantly, I’m into it.”
- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson reacts to the we’re dealing with a badass over here meme.
- Star Wars Tai Chi
- Interview: The Chimerical Kitchen: Cooking the Books with Elizabeth Bear
- Interview: A Conversation with Joe Lansdale, author of Edge of Dark Water
- Interview: Full 1958 t.v. interview with Aldous Huxley, author of “Brave New World.”
- Interview: Michael J. Sullivan plus his epic fantasy trilogy, Theft of Swords
- 10 Books with Alien Aliens, starting with Michael Crichton’s Sphere
- How Long is the Average Book? A Concrete Answer to a Writing FAQ
- INFOGRAPHIC: Dystopian Fiction on Goodreads
- Neil Gaiman explains How To Read Gene Wolfe
- SciFi Now picks the Top 10 best Fighting Fantasy game books
- Will Kindle’s Free Samples Change the Structures of Plots?
- 25 Inspiring Biographies for Aspiring Writers
- Adam Ruben, Ph.D., author of Surviving Your Stupid, Stupid Decision to Go to Grad School, explains How to Write Like a Scientist
- Ten Obvious Truths About Fiction