- Artist Tom Whalen created a series of propaganda posters for global knowledge, an IT training firm. (Five in all)
- Google Android Cupcakes
- 30 Awesome Super Mario Bros Cakes
- Do People in Comics Believe in Aliens?
- ‘Dollhouse: Epitaphs’ comes out today.
- What are you complaining about? Comic Books Are Cheaper Now
- Why a person DOESN’T read comics
- Interview: Austin360 profiles director Duncan Jones of Moon and Source Code.
- News: ‘Batman’ Reboot Possible After ‘Dark Knight Rises;’ Chris Nolan to Produce
- 12 Classic Movie Moments Made Possible by Abuse and Murder
- Find Out If You Were Right to Ignore Sucker Punch By Watching the First 6 Minutes… or save yourself six minutes by taking my word for it.
- If All Time Travel Films Had Doc Brown…
- ScreenJunkies picks the 9 Lamest Virtual Reality Films… but does a crappy job, including more than a few really decent films.
- TotalFilm suggests 20 Awesome Obscure Movies you should watch.
- UGO names 25 Movies Stuck In Development Hell That We Want NOW!
- Cheezburger gets 30 million dollars in venture capital.
- Hulu’s first original series, The Confession (starring Kiefer Sutherland) is online.
- Seven things we didn’t know about Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.
- Steinbolt1 battles with depression. On his Tumblr blog, he chronicles his week-long stay in a mental health facility somewhere in the American Midwest. First installment can be found here.
- Interview: Ari Marmell of The Goblin Corps joins The Functional Nerds.
- Interview: Dr. Steven Schlozman of The Zombie Autopsies talks to Suvudu
- Interview: Fantasy Magazine profiles George R. R. Martin.
- Interview: Howard Andrew Jones, author of The Desert of Souls and Managing Editor of Black Gate Magazine, discusses historical fantasy, fresh perspective, the long path to publishing, building community with other writers, the future of Black Gate, and, of course, magic carpet rides.
- Interview: Islam and SciFi interviews Irving Karchmar of Master of the Jinn.
- Interview: Tor.com profiles Diana Wynne Jones.
- Interview: Victor LaValle: “Big Machine” and Tachyon Pulses from the Future.
- 360-Degree Panorama Takes You Inside Prague’s Off-Limits Baroque Library… if you squint a bit, you can pretend it’s a wizard’s library.
- An author takes exception to a review of her book & comments on the reviewer’s site. What could possibly go wrong?
- Chris Moriarty shares “10 Things I learned from Diana Wynne Jones“
- Google Books decision not quite the triumph it’s made out to be
- Insulted by Authors: Book lover Bill Ryan had the clever idea to start asking his favorite authors to insult him instead of simply signing their books.
- Photos from all over Japan of libraries after the earthquake. (Via)
- SF Signal asks How Important is Plausible Science In Science Fiction?
- This week’s SFSignal poses the question Who Are The ‘Big Three’ Female Science Fiction Authors? Which 3 female authors had the same impact on science fiction as the “big three”: Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clark and Robert A. Heinlein?
- Ursula K. Le Guin examines Unfacts Concerning the Google (Un)Settlement.
- Future Firefighters May Use Ghostbusters-Like Electric Backpacks
- Professor Daniel Nocera at MIT: “A practical [inexpensive] artificial leaf has been one of the Holy Grails of science for decades. We believe we [Sun Catalytix] have done it.”
- News: The Title Of The Neil Gaiman Doctor Who Episode Revealed: “The Doctor’s Wife.” Also, Smith Agrees to Third Season of Doctor Who.
- Adweek’s 100 Most Influential Shows of all time includes Buffy.
- Interview: J. M. McDermott on Pre-Writing.
- Do You Believe in Magic? Building a Magic System for Your World
- Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing: Which Way Makes More Money?