- Interview: Alex Pappademas examines the increasingly complicated legacy of Stan Lee in light of the release of The Avengers movie.
- Interview: NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour discusses The Avengers, among other topics, and gives Andrew Wheeler’s “Gayness of Batman” piece a shout-out.
- Interview: Sense of Wonder interviews Gavin Rothery, VFX Supervisor on Moon
- The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb has a new Twitter account, which he’s so far used to tease images of Peter Parker chillin’ on a street light.
- The Ghostbusters Tour of New York
- Taken from the Studio Stories series included on the Blu-ray versions of Toy Story 1 & 2, here’s a short story about how Toy Story 2 was almost erased before the film could be rendered for theaters.
- “We stuck your girlfriend on an island” 22 main characters dismissed in sequels
- We’re all mutants now: There are a lot of us now, and most of us are a little bit off.
- Interview: Black Gate speaks with Kai Meyer of the Arabian fantasy The Stormkings.
- Interview: Here’s a Q&A with Alethea Kontis, author of Enchanted.
- Interview: Odyssey Workshop talks to this summer’s guest lecturer, Barbara Ashford, author of the upcoming fantasy novel Spellcrossed
- Interview: Samuel R. Delany talks about Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders
- Interview: Stina Leicht discusses her novels, Of Blood & Honey and And Blue Skies From Pain, with the Civilian Reader.
- ‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin fights the genre wars
- Infographic: Paper Book vs. Digital Book. Who reads which, where and why?
- One week ago, anonymous engineer “BTE Dan” put up a website called Build the Enterprise. He envisions a $1 trillion spaceship modeled on the USS Enterprise being built inside twenty years. There are highly detailed plans for constructing and funding it. It quickly spreads to GizMag, DailyMail and other places.
- Russian researchers want to replace your physical body with a holographic avatar
- Why The Scariest Sci-Fi Robot Uprising Has Already Begun
- Interview: Jason Segel tells Jon Stewart his idea for a post-apocalyptic How I Met Your Mother ending. I’d watch it!
- Interview: Talking Game of Thrones: Interview with Amrita Acharia
- Check Out the Low-Budget Russian ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Remake
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Running Out Of Unkempt Old Men To Cast
- More gossip on the upcoming season of Doctor Who. No spoilers, just guess work.
- On June 7th, the Disney XD channel will premiere a new, 10-part miniseries: Tron Uprising. The series will feature the voices of Elijah Wood, Lance Henriksen, Bruce Boxleitner and more. Combining 2D and CGI animation, it is set between the events of the first and second Tron movies. Trailers: 1, 2. 2011 ComicCon Preview. Disney released a full-length “prelude episode” yesterday evening (US Only): Beck’s Beginning.
- Watch the first trailer for Revolution, the new post-apocalyptic fantasy / science fiction show from J.J. Abrams and Supernatural’s Eric Kripke
- Why The Star Trek Universe is Secretly Horrifying
- The Rule of Threes: Expressive Character Design
- What 50 Famous Authors Want Us to Know About the Writing Process
- When do you give up or start over?