- 10 Gorgeous Buildings Made Out of Books
- Back To The Future Lego Set May Flux Into Stores Soon
- Homemade Atlas from Portal
- Interview: Grant Morrison talked to Playboy about the Super Psyches of some of his favorite superhero characters.
- 5 Graphic Novels That Should Have Made the Hugo Awards
- Free Comic Book Day is back again! It’s the one day a year when comic book stores in North America and around the world will be handing out free books — mainly as an attempt to lure new readers to the genre. Some shops do signings, too. See you at the comic book shops on May 5th!
- Not every fund manager has a comic book made about them, but legendary emerging markets investor Mark Mobius has.
- News: The Avengers has earned over $178 million, and hasn’t hit U.S. release yet.
- News: Henry Selick To Direct Neil Gaiman’s ‘The Graveyard Book’ In Disney Deal
- Review: With The Avengers, Joss Whedon Masters the Marvel Universe
- Everything You Need to Know About the Avengers Movies
- Infographic: The Marvel Movie Universe Timeline
- Johnny Depp’s bird-on-head look for the upcoming Lone Ranger movie has its inspiration in a painting called “I Am Crow.” Of course, some aren’t pleased by his portrayal, and if this is correct, the crow wasn’t really mounted to anyone’s head to begin with.
- News: Michigan superhero “Bee Sting” arrested, other superheroes named
- A new way of storytelling on the web
- Interview: Horror Zine interviews Sci-Fi Writer David Brin
- Interview: An Interview of James S. A. Corey by Daniel Abraham
- Interview: Straightforward & unadorned adventure: A conversation with Michael J. Sullivan, author of The Riyria Revelations
- News: Ebook consumers preference for tablets is accelerating rapidly
- News: E-book sales grew by 54% in 2011
- Amazon vs. Publishers: The Book Battle Continues
- Celebrated Works of Art That Are Basically Fan Fiction
- Picking Bones with GAME OF THRONES
- Some Notes Towards a Working Definition of Steampunk
- What Makes a Good YA Dystopian Novel?
- Why e-books will soon be obsolete (and no, it’s not just because of DRM)
- Why fiction, even trashy TV, is good for you [More at Scientific American]
- Dr. Nick Bostrom puts the probability of an existential event wiping out humanity in this century at 10-20%.
- Why Star Trek’s Vision of the Future is Out of Date
- Will Gattaca Come True? Noninvasive, early fetal tests for sex, paternity, and chromosomal conditions will change pregnancy dramatically—and raise tricky ethical questions.
- Interview: Astronautical engineer turned US Air Force Special Operations pilot John Robb discusses robots in military warfare.
- Are humans ready to become digital?
- Google Fiber in Kansas City Makes Hollywood Nervous
- Interview: Felicia Day Is ‘The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo’ In This Week’s ‘Supernatural’
- Downton Abbey is the Edwardian Battlestar Galactica
- SFX picks The 10 Best TV Pilots