- Check out this Mini Death Star handcrafted from a Ping Pong Ball
- New Hope opening in Minecraft
- Portrait of the Joker made of movie quotes.
- Simpsons Movie Poster Parodies
- Starship Enterprise Transformer
- Gawker wrote about the seven most essential Iron Man comic books.
- Grant Morrison tells the story of Batman’s life to Kevin Smith. With illustrations.
- In celebration of the new Iron Man 3 film hitting theaters today, Oakland-based web designer and front-end developer Ross Patton design a marvelous interactive timeline for Wired Underwire displaying 14 of “The Greatest Iron Man Armors of the Last 50 Years.”
- Interview: Ain’t it Cool News did a great interview with Shane Black and Kevin Feige where Feige admitted, though it doesn’t seem like it, there are pointers to Avengers 2 buried in Iron Man 3
- Interview: Danny Boyle talks about a “Pixarification of movies”
- Interview: Hitfix spoke to Kevin Feige and Shane Black asking them where S.H.I.E.L.D. was in Iron Man 3.
- Interview: Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams spoke to the BBC about the wonderful, humbling opportunity that directing the film brings.
- Interview: Total Film has been asking the stars of a bunch of new movies – such as Sir Ben Kingsley, Nicolas Cage, Zoe Saldana and others about their thoughts on the new Star Wars movies.
- News: Michael Caine Confirmed for Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’
- News: Some idiot theater owner in Missouri decided it would be a good idea to invite an Iron Man cosplayer along with a bunch of other folks in tactical gear (complete with fake guns) to a screening of Iron Man 3. They were hired to “storm the theater.” Needless to say, police were called and people were scared.
- Reviews: Iron Man 3 Movie Review in the Form of a Comic
- 5 Things That Bothered Me About ‘Iron Man 3′
- The 10 worst moms in movies
- The 20 Best Fantasy Films You Should Watch
- Criticwire defends the big plot twist in Iron Man 3.
- Dr. Andrea Letamendi has a piece up on The Hollywood Reporter taking a clinical look at Tony Stark’s PTSD from the recent Iron Man film.
- Oblivion: The Ups and Downs of the Big Picture
- Virgin Movies has a huge infographic about the 20 things you didn’t know about Iron Man. Here’s just one piece.
- Want a bit of history on Iron Man 3 director Shane Black? The Playlist writes about the five scripts that made him so famous. Is 20 not enough? ScreenCrush has 10 MORE things you didn’t know about Iron Man.
- What to watch on Netflix
- Interview: Author Claire Messud consider gender issues, discussing how readers interpret male and female characters differently.
- Interview: Isaac Asimov, Harlan Ellison & Gene Wolfe discussing sci-fi in 1982
- Interview: Jim Butcher explains that his next book was inspired by Firefly. The Author describes the book as “kind of “Hornblower” meets “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”, it’s very focused on the characters, with very strong influence from Firefly I think.” As if waiting for the next book weren’t hard enough.
- Interview: The New York Public Library interviews William Gibson.
- Interview: Omnivoracious on Elizabeth Bear of Shattered Pillars
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan Letter interviews Wesley Chu of The Lives of Tao
- Interview: Slate interviews Neal Stephenson.
- The 10 Commandments Of Sci-Fi
- Auxiliary Memory weighs in on The Defining Science Fiction Books of the 1990s.
- Charles A. Tan on Teaching Science Fiction.
- Europa SF ongender bias in the contemporary short-form speculative fiction
- Marketing is Destroying the Science Fiction Genre
- A Rule of Thumb for Escapism
- Tensions between SF/F and Mainstream Literary Fiction
- Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Might Be The Highest Form of Literature on the Planet
- Interview: Simon Pegg Explain How He Pranked the Cast of ‘Into Darkness’
- News: BBC America has shipped the ‘Doctor Who’ Season 7B Blu-Ray/DVD set early to those who pre-ordered it. Only one problem: it includes the season finale, which airs next week. The BBC confirms on Facebook (where people are having fun in the comments,) and Steven Moffat has promised that if fans keep spoilers off the net, they’ll release a special video featuring the 10th and 11th Doctors after the finale airs. More from Bleeding Cool.
- The full S.H.I.E.L.D. first look TV spot is released.
- The Julie Taylor Test: How to tell if a TV actor is bad
- SteveVader101 dissects Joss Whedon’s brain. This popular YouTube personality examines the unique brand of existentialism, feminism and humanism of Whedon.
- This Year’s Cable TV Winners & Losers
- 6 MOVIE VIDEO GAMES WE WANT TO PLAY THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
- Fighting Games Are Going Extinct
- How to Find the Perfect Game
- From Serviceable to Memorable: 5 Principles for Dialogue That Delivers
- 23 Agent Query Letters That Actually Worked
- Joss Whedon’s Top 10 Writing Tips