- 12 Uber Geeky Playing Card Sets
- Can you name all 10 of the famous sci-fi weapons on Fashionably Geek’s latest t-shirt? If not: 1936 Flash Gordon, 1966 Star Trek, 1976 Logan’s Run, 1977 Star Wars, 1982 Blade Runner, 1984 Ghostbusters, 1986 Aliens, 1995 Judge Dredd, 1997 Men In Black, 2009 District 9.
- CosGeek has been posting galleries of Harry Potter Tattoos to celebrate the release of the latest movie: Dark Mark Tattoos, Deathly Hallows Tattoos, Harry Potter Quote Tattoos, Harry Potter Spell Tattoos, and Harry Potter Tattoos.
- Lovecraftian Tintin adventures
- Why Terminators Travel Naked
- Best Online Colleges suggests 10 Awesome Magazine Subscriptions for Your Favorite Tech Geek, including my favorites Make and Wired.
- Comic-Con fans’ frustration builds as ticket sales halt again.
- Interview: Christian Bale On The Chances of a The Dark Knight Rises sequel.
- News: Warner Bros. Greenlights Buffy Movie Reboot but without Joss Whedon.
- Some fans have filmed an awesome trailer for the Hunger Games adaptation.
- Charles Bronson Kills Hipsters… then, when you least expect it, Jeff Goldblum.
- Interview: The New York Times profiles Philip K. Dick.
- Interview: The Quietus interviews Michael Moorcock.
- Interview: SFWA interviews Cherie Priest, author of Dreadnought.
- Best Universities picks the Top 50 Sci-Fi Novels for Kids & Young Adults.
- John C. Wright considers The Fall and Rise of Science Fiction.
- Pulp Fiction is an exhibition of (mostly) Australian pulp novel and magazine covers from the University of Otago Special Collections Library.
- Antimatter? Not such a big deal. The problem for us science fiction fans is we get blase about science. Time travel and reptilian visitors – that would be cool.
- Talking Science on SciFri: The physics of Rapunzel’s hair.
- Interview: From “Battlestar Galactica” and “Caprica” to “Human Target” and “The Walking Dead,” Bear McCreary is the most sought-after composers in television.
- News: Mirimax Coming to YouTube? Google is apparently in a deal that would bring streaming rentals of an incredibly rich film library.
- News: Viacom Blocks Google TV. They’ve joined all four major networks in keeping their streams off the service.
- The Joss-man sighs audibly at news of Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie reboot.
- Portland Sate University is now offering a class centered around Buffy through their Chinron Studies program, which offers classes shaped by students for students.
- Television Without Pity considers which of Joss’ work is better suited for a reboot.
- Warner Bros’ announcement of a Buffy reboot with no involvement from Joss Whedon has raised the dander of geeks everywhere. Assignment X column worries about the “Buffy” reboot. [More]
- Without Joss Whedon It’s Not ‘Buffy’ At All: Why the Movie Reboot Needs to be Staked.
- News: Disney Games Boss Quits: Graham Hopper had put the House of Mouse on the map in the gaming world (you can thank him for Epic Mickey), but when they bought Playdom and went increasingly into casual/social gaming, he decided to make his exit.
- Farmville’s Reign As Most Popular Facebook App Ends: It spent an astonishing 15 months at the top of the charts.