- These Ketchup packets protesting landmines are both funny and little disturbingc.
- Su Blackwell is an artist who creates amazing paper sculptures from and based on books.
- SciFi Scanner reminds us of 10 Reasons Comic Book Movie Fans Are Thankful.
- Interview: Cinematical interviews The Road Director John Hillcoat.
- The Dallas Observer has compiled a nostalgic list of the Top 10 Thanksgiving Dinners in Movies. My favorite is Pieces of April.
- I laughed my ass off at this: The Top 20 Unfortunate Lessons Girls Learn From Twilight. It’s just sooo true.
- Read The Star Trek 2009 Scene Written For William Shatner over at Trek Movie.
- Roger Ebert reviews Twilight, saying that “…sitting through this experience is like driving a tractor in low gear though a sullen sea of Brylcreem.”
- SciFi Wire ranks 18 post-apocalyptic sci-fi survivors from best to worst.
- SciFi Wire thinks that The Road could be a sci-fi Oscar winner. I think the Academy is too fickle for that, but it would make for a nice change of pace.
- TimeOut NewYork has a geek-friendly list of the Top 50 Movies of the Decade.
- Unreality does a nice job picking The Top 15 SciFi Movies of the Last Decade.
- Some really dramatic statistics on piracy have recently been released, but Ars Technica calls the digits dodgy.
- Interview: ActuSF talks with Kevin J.Anderson.
- Interview: Henry Jenkins talks with Delia Sherman about editing fiction.
- Interview: Hotlist interviews Nights of Villjamur author Mark Charan Newton.
- Interview: John Scalzi asks Jeff Carlson what’s next in his Plague Year series.
- Interview: Super-Sekrit Clubhouse interviews John Kessel.
- News: Stephen King is planning a possible sequel to The Shining.
- Amazon released a new Kindle with 85% more battery life and a native PDF reader.
- Reading is apparently only about 5,000 years old while our brain, in current form, is closer to 200,000. New Scientist explains How our Brains learned to Read.
- SF Signal considers the The Pros and Cons of eBooks.
- LA Weekly offers suggestions for your Post-Apocalyptic Playlist.
- News: ABC is halting production of FlashForward to “boost the writing.”
- It would be nice if networks gave every show a chance to end properly, allowing them an opportunity to craft a satisfying finale. Amen.
- Topless Robot counts down The 10 Most Clichéd Character Types in Sci-Fi.
- The Editorial Ass answers the question When Should I Take Revision Advice, and When Should I Listen to My Gut?
- Nathan Bransford explains the hard realities of The Economics of Publishing.