- As if Geeks needed any assistance in nitpicking movies, iTNews has compiled a list of the Top 10 technology flaws in films.
- Cinematical Seven: Horror Movies for Girls.
- Empire has carefully compiled a list of The 500 Greatest Movies of All Time, beginning with Ocean’s Eleven at number 500, and ascending to… well, you’ll have to find out for yourself.
- If you haven’t seen the new teaser trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, it probably because your internet connection has been down, but I’ll still mention it.
- J. Michael Straczynski is penning an update of sci-fi classic “Forbidden Planet” for Warner Bros., which is great news as, despite having personally seen it at least a dozen times, I’m certain that it can only be improved.
- Now that the rental stores are no longer under Halloween siege, the coast is clear to pick up some scary flicks again. io9 helps out with a list of The 50 Scariest Moments In Science Fiction.
- Principal photography on Terminator: Salvation has wrapped.
- The Greatest Supporting Performances in Horror Films.
- Wired’s Geek Dad makes some really good points with its list 10 Geeky Movies That Should’ve Been Terrible, but Weren’t, but I entirely disagree with its selection of Blade Runner. I think that it would monumentally difficult to screw up Dick’s Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? It’s just one of those books that could be performed by a high school drama club and still retain its fascination. On the other hand, I would like to nominate The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Everyone was holding their breath on that one. It could very, very easily ended up relegated to late night cable along side Masters of the Universe, especially with Elijah Wood in the starring role. Seriously. Tell me you didn’t wince when they announce he had the leading role.
- Fantasy Magazine has compiled a gallery of the Top 10 Steampunk Gadgets from about the net.
- Free Fiction: Read “Dry Frugal With Death Rays” by Alex Wilson at Feedbooks.
- Free Fiction: Listen to “Folsom Pond Blues” by Doug Murano at Well Told Tales.
- For Halloween, TrekMovie has compiled a list of the 10 Favorite Star Trek Characters In Costume.
- io9 thinks that “True Blood” Hates Gay People, but I’m not so certain. It seems to me that just the opposite it true. The show seems to be attempting to use metaphor to give viewers a first hand taste of homophobia while maintaining the edge of urban fantasy.
- Television without Pity counts down The Least Scary Supernatural TV Shows of All Time.
- Fidgit rounds up The Ten Best Zombie Games of All Time.