- Adrian Garcia Trevino marks Día de los Muertos with a colorful gallery
- The Funniest Signs from the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
- Interview: At the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Blu-ray & DVD American Cinematheque Screening, Edgar Wright and Guillermo del Toro talk about Flash Gordon, Batman and other films that influenced Scott Pilgrim.
- io9 reminds us of the Scariest future dystopias where the Conservatives have won.
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr. comments on Joss Whedon’s Avengers script.
- News: Ghostbusters 3 Set To Start Filming In May 2011?
- TheFilmStage generally mocks 8 Rare Sequels That Destroy Their Originals.
- Huffington Post picks 7 Movies That Are Better Than The Book.
- TotalFilms revisits Film features: 30 Terrifying Moments In Kids’ Films.
- Interview: Aidan Moher interviews Brandon Sanderson.
- Interview: The Functional Nerds interview Carolyn Crane, author of Double Cross.
- Why Science Fiction May Not be a Genre.
- Essential Science for SF Writers.
- In an October 28 news release, DARPA explained that the actual interstellar journey is a long, loooong way from taking off. This after a yearlong study for a multigenerational mission was announced.
- Turns out, Smart People Do More Drugs Because of Evolution.
- News: Robbie Williams doesn’t use a mobile phone because of tabloid hackers.
- Ranker ticks of a list of 10 Amazing Real-Life Super Powers & Superhero Gadgets.
- Interview: Camden Toy claims “I played more villains on Buffy than anyone else.”
- News: The Walking Dead Sets AMC Ratings Record: The zombie series has arrived on cable as a smash hit. Keep you fingers crossed for more series like this!
- A new study finds that people who like The Office are smug, people who watch Glee are overly sensitive. What about people who watch Stargate? My guess is “socially isolated.”
- Watch Conan O’Brien Presents: SHOW ZERO!
- PC Mag admonishes, Violent Video Games: Our Responsibility, Not the Courts.
- io9 uses LoLcats to explain How you can tell if your novel is just an overgrown short story. The punchline, of course is: the same way you tell if your article is just an overgrown tip. The use of LoLcats.