- A teenager in Britain has just legally changed his name to Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined. Judging by the choice and the news photo, Captain Fantastic may well be mildly mentally retarded.
- Well Medicated has an awesome gallery of Illustrated Horror Film Posters that’ll have you running to rent the old flick they advertise. (Also, don’t miss the second part.)
- This election day, io9 would like for you to consider the sci-fi alternatives to the current Presidential Candidates.
- Ever wonder just where your favorite horror flicks were really set? Wonder no more. Askmen.com has the addresses of the spookiest horror film locations.
- Free Fiction: “In the Walls of Erxz” by H.P. Lovecraft & Kenneth J. Sterling at SpaceWesterns.
- Free Fiction: Read “Notes on the Dissection of the Imaginary Beetle” by Jonathan Wood, “The Oldest Man on Earth” by Patrick O’Learym, and “Sitting Round the Stewpot” by Patricia Russo at Electric Velocipede.
- Free Fiction: Read “The Bloodstone Queen” by Verna McKinnon, “The Girl Who Swallowed the Sky” by Jacqueline Bowen, and “Souling Night” by Kelly Dunn at Aberrant Dreams.
- The International Horror Guild Awards for works from 2007 were announced Halloween. You can read the entire list of nominees at Locus Online.
- The UK’s Libertarian Party is having copies of George Orwell’s 1984 delivered to every member of Parliament today to commemorate the Guy Fawke’s Gunpowder Treason. The books will be inscribed with the message “This book was a warning, not a blueprint.”
- Will Amazon’s Kindle reduce book sales or won’t it? Experts disagree, but in any case, reader should begin to benefit from the availability of their favorite titles in inexpensive electronic formats.
- Primarily concerned with technical quality rather than content, Sound & Vision counts down The 7 Best Shows to Watch in HD.
- Analysts predict that computer games will out-sell both music and videos this year for the first time in history.
- Oddee presents a gallery of 12 Crazy Old Videogame Ads.
- Teen Ink contemplates what is involved with inventing a magic system and distills what you need to know into The Ten Rules of Magic.