- Interview: ‘The Great Showdowns’: Scott C shares his passion for film
- Interview: Writer Fabian Nicieza talk about “Batwing” and all things David Zavimbe, including why the police force has turned against the Congolese vigilante and Nicieza’s take on the Batman of Africa.
- News: DC Comics cancels ‘Hellblazer’, announces new ‘Constantine’ series for 2013. DC’s highest numbered comic since the New 52, Hellblazer, which has been publishing without interruption since 1988, will end after 300 issues. Fans worry that the replacement series Constantine will, by mere fact of being set within the New 52, will be unable to capture the dark, isolated, and above all not super tone of the seminal ’80s horror comic. The industry is similarly disappointed.
- News: DC Digital Comic Sales Increase by Over 200% from Last Year
- News: New ‘Alpha’ miniseries unveiled by Marvel
- Can comic books save themselves by going digital?
- Superman is Jewish?: People of the comic book
- Why Rogue Should Be The New Leader of the X-Men
- News: Carrie Fisher Says She Would Return To STAR WARS
- News: Harrison Ford open to idea of Han Solo role
- News: ‘Toy Story 3′ Scribe Michael Arndt Writing ‘Star Wars VII’
- All 25 Bond films ranked in order based on Rotten Tomatoes score. Interesting list!
- The Hobbit Could Send Movie Fans on Unexpected Journeys or a Nerd War
- Why Getting Mad at the LucasFilm Buyout isn’t Worth Your Time
- Interview: Cory Doctorow & Charles Stross discuss “The Rapture of Nerds”
- Interview: Larry Niven & Gregory Benford, two of the most respected authors of hard science fiction, talk about their new book “Bowl of Heaven” and the concept of stories about “big dumb objects” as a sub-genre.
- Interview: Metaphor and Memorable Characters Chuck Wendig of Blackbirds
- Interview: SFx talks to Stephen Jewell about scooping the World Fantasy Award for his novel Osama, which beat out both Stephen King’s 11/22/63, George RR Martin’s A Dance With Dragons.
- News: 2 brief Ray Bradbury works out this fall
- 15 Essential Zombie Reads
- Alan Baxter on Defining Urban Fantasy
- Horror: a genre doomed to literary hell? The status of the crime and SF genres is being raised by great modern writers. Why not horror?
- Reading ‘Dune,’ My Junior-High Survival Guide
- What is Science Fiction for?
- Why Do We Always Take Books On Vacation?
- Why the 2012 World Fantasy awards are a triumph
- News: ‘Preacher’ best suited to TV, says Sam Mendes
- Can Neil Gaiman restore the Cybermen to their original greatness?
- A Buffy episode guide in limerick form.
- Interview: Frank O’Connor on HALO 4′s Tech and Sci-Fi Legacy
- Interview: Halo 4 Lead Writer Chris Schlerf Talks Master Chief
- News: Halo 4 Poised To Surpass The Avengers: Biggest Launch of 2012 … Halo 4 Sells Over 3 Million Units Opening Day
- News: Halo 4 will NOT be issuing special XBL bans for sexism
- Reviews: Halo 4 delivers same epic scale the first game brought to the series
- Using Assassin’s Creed III and other video games for education
- Wreck-It Ralph: How Video Games Should Be?