- A custom-built replica of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion attraction in a private gated community near Atlanta will be sold on eBay for $873,000.
- A Lannister Always Spays His Pets
- The Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide
- News: ComiXology Opens Its Arms to Self-Published Comics,
- News: J. Michael Straczynski to Write Shadowman Film. Sounds awesome.
- News: Stan Lee Media sues Disney for billions over Marvel rights
- Interview: Guillermo del Toro tells us why no Godzilla in Pacific Rim
- 6 Filmmaking Tips From Wes Craven
- 11 Questions Answered By Ridley Scott’s Prometheus Commentary
- The Best Horror Movies to Watch on YouTube for Free
- Origins Of The Avengers Shawarma Joke Uncovered Deep In Buffy Bonus Features
- Overlooked Horror Movies 2000 – Present
- Photos from the Queue for opening weekend of Star Wars in in 1977.
- Watch Rian Johnson’s ‘Looper’ Pitch Reel, Featuring Darker Tone
- Interview: Cory Doctorow, writer, blogger, and activist, AMA on Reddit
- Interview: George R.R. Martin: “Trying to please everyone is a horrible mistake”
- Interview: Gary K. Wolfe: why the 1950s were the golden age of the sci-fi novel
- Interview: J.K. Rowling Interview on The Casual Vacancy from ABC
- Interview: Justin Cronin discusses The Twelve and Vampire Mythology
- Interview: NHPR asked a variety of people, including Laura Knoy, Salman Rushdie, Neil Gaiman, and some adorable kids whether they think Edgar Allan Poe’s work still stands up as “scary.” Consensus seems to be yes.
- 15 Lovecraftian stories to read once you’ve read all of Lovecraft
- Amazon has started ranking authors by total sales, updated hourly. The questions is, who do these rankings actually benefit?
- National Book Awards: Genre fiction dissed again
- William Gibson: The Most Important Writer of the Past 30 Years?
- The Biological (Im)Plausibility of Dragons
- Diamond Planet Found—Part of a “Whole New Class?”
- It’s a famous question among academic philosophers and drunken college students alike: how can we be sure we’re not living in a gigantic computer simulation? Fortunately, researchers from the University of Bonn in Germany think they’ve cracked it. Their reasoning is pretty straightforward. If the cosmos is a numerical simulation, there ought to be clues in the spectrum of high energy cosmic rays, say theorists.
- The real reason why the Pioneer spacecrafts appear to be slowing down
- Interview: Bleeding Cool sits down with William Shatner.
- Interview: Gale Anne Hurd talks The Walking Dead Season 3 and Beyond
- News: NBC Will Air MUNSTERS Pilot as Halloween Special
- Arrow is the Most Watched CW Show in 3 Years. Check out the pilot episode online to find out why people are saying Arrow’s biggest accomplishment is making Oliver Queen scary.
- The BBC has released a narrated storyboard of an unfilmed Doctor Who scene that was to have been a postscript to “Angels In Manhattan.” That it wasn’t filmed is criminal, but thank God someone thought to post this much of it. Grab your hanky.
- The Ego, the Id, and Sookie Stackhouse: True Blood’s Analysis of Intimacy
- The Perils of Companionship