- Booooooom.com has just announced the winners of its Where the Wild Things Are Fort Contest. The photo gallery of the results of the contest are a must-see!
- Concept Art World has posted an awesome gallery of District 9 Concept Art. Turns out, Prawns might have been weirder.
- Fandomania has rounded up a gallery of The Shining tribute art from around Deviant Art.
- AskMen has posted a gallery of the Top 10 Legendary Film Guns, starting with RoboCop’s Cobra Assault Cannon.
- DailyFill has posted an infographic that pinpointing the locations of various science fiction films in A Brief History of Space Films Since Star Wars.
- Hollywood.com picks the Best and Worst Children’s Book Movie Adaptations.
- A New York City film location scout revisits locations from the movie Taxi Driver (1976) and compares them to what’s there now. (Part 2, Part 3)
- Reelz Channel charts out The Highs and Lows of Vampire Movies.
- The Telegraph has compiled a list of 110 DVDs you Should Own by category.
- Amazon and Walmart are in the middle of a Price War that may force hardcover price under $9. It’s nice for readers, but it spells doom for publishers.
- In the essay “The Electronic Book Burning,” Alan Kaufman writes that “The book is fast becoming the despised Jew of our culture.”
- The New York Times wonders Does the Brain Like E-Books?
- News: Wil Wheaton will guest star on next week’s The Big Bang Theory.
- 11 Points points out 11 Ingenious Signs from The Simpsons.
- Gizmodo recently conducted an experiment, and it turns out that Life Without Cable or Satellite TV Is Easier Than You Think.
- Many stars and show creators are promoting their series on Twitter. But giving platoons of highly opinionated actors and writers a filter-less forum can have its drawbacks.
- The Intern explains why you should be writing something besides your manuscript as well as Why You Really Don’t Want to Get Published.