- Fandomania has posted a gallery of Edgar Allan Poe fan art from Deviant Art.
- Father-daughter team use a 3D printer to create awesome nanobot art
- The Geek Art Gallery has posted some really grisly photos of last weekend’s Toronto Zombie Walk
- Interview: io9 interviews director Joseph Kahn of the time-traveling horror comedy Detention staring… pedobear? I might skip this one.
- Interview: Vin Diesel on Dungeons and Dragons
- News: Japanese Indies Feel the Squeeze
- AMC picks John Carpenter’s Five Best Movies.
- Complex has compiled a list of The 50 Least Scary Horror Movies, but there are at least ten Syfy originals that they’ve forgotten.
- Find out if you ready for Halloween with this horror movie monsters quiz.
- Things Organized Neatly is a photo blog for the obsessively neat.
- News: Amazon: 14-Day Lending Coming to Kindle “Later This Year”
- Art Lebedev pontificates on the mater of Book Spines.
- How Did We Get Here? A Dystopian Reading List
- How Starbucks Can Become the Barnes & Noble of E-books
- Idea Logical shares some insights about the current state of the ebook market.
- io9 has A chart that groups classic science fiction fans by political affiliation.
- Jeff Carlson explains Why We Read (And Write!) Post-Apocalyptic Thrillers.
- Library Science offers this list of The 50 Most Hated Characters in Literary History.
- Runway opens at world’s first spaceport.
- Unpopular Science: One man’s unhappy encounters with the laws of physics.
- Interview: Wired interviews iRobot CEO Colin Angle
- Android Performs Wedding in Tokyo; Manufacturer Says It Wants to Build Robotics That “Touch the Hearts of the People”
- News: Wil Wheaton, who previously voiced Blue Beetle Jamie Reyes on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, will be lending his talents to DC Universe Online as Robin.
- How to Become a Game Programmer
- Should Games Sell For Donations? Or, Is Setting a Fixed Price For Losers?