- Buy your own Know Your Nerds t-shirts.
- Homemade Big Daddy costume.
- Melting Wicked Witch cookies
- Ryan Dunlavey is back with more comic strip mashups. This time it’s Revenge of the Sith meets Little Orphan Annie.
- Interview: Steve Niles, Mike Mignola and Hans Rodionoff talk about the influence of H.P. Lovecraft on horror comic books.
- Comic Alliance remembers The 7 Strangest Spooky Characters In Comics.
- Comic Vine asks How Do You Make Superman Relatable?
- Huffington Post gently mocks 9 Comics Congress Banned In The ’50s.
- BloginHood recalls Top 5 Ramming Scenes of Sci-Fi.
- Tor contemplates Steampunk and History.
- Tor recognizes 12 Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks Who Made a Difference.
- News: Thousands of Protesters Fight to Keep The Hobbit in New Zealand. According to these passionate protesters, “New Zealand is Middle Earth.”
- News: In their opinion on Robinson v. Crown Cork and Seal, The Texas Supreme Court cited Mr. Spock, ostensibly making him a legal authority.
- DailyGrail counts down the Top Ten Afterlife Movies.
- Mania remembers Hollywood’s 15 Best Horror Movie Taglines.
- ScreenCrave suggests Ten Great Films for a Horror Movie Marathon.
- UnderWire argues 5 Reasons Lucas Should Film a New Star Wars Trilogy. Blasphemy I say!
- Interview: The D6 Generation interviews David Weber.
- Interview: Grasping for the Wind interviews Brandon Sanderson.
- Interview: Hugh Hefner talks about Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451.
- Interview: John Scalzi interviews Kathe Koja of Under the Poppy.
- Interview: Sci-Fi’s Cory Doctorow Separates Self-Publishing Fact From Fiction.
- Interview: Tor interviews Peter F. Hamilton.
- News: Barnes & Noble Unveils Color Nook
- Chris Meadows writes an Open letter to J.K. Rowling in which he criticizes her choice not to release the Harry Potter series in e-book formats.
- In the aftermath of Realms of Fantasy folding last week, publisher Warren Lapine is associating the failure of print magazines like Realms with the existence of free online magazines, but Homeless Moon argues Online Didn’t Kill the Print Star.
- Bumblebees can find the solution to a complex mathematical problem which keeps computers busy for days.
- Listverse considers the Top 10 Important Blunders of Ancient Science.
- The New York Times how the iPad is gaining Prominence in Hollywood.
- Pink Tentacle has posted a gallery of 50+ years of Japanese concept cars. The further into the gallery you go, the more futuristic they get.
- Interview: In an interview with TV Squad, Eliza Dushku talks about Joss vs Fox, Dollhouse, comedy, and Dancing With the Stars.
- News: The Walking Dead TV-Series Premieres On BitTorrent
- 17-plus memorable TV Halloween costumes and what they say.
- Broadcasters took a big step toward eliminating free TV shows on the Web after they blocked access to their programming online this month to enforce their demands to be paid.
- Conan announces his new show’s first week guests.
- Interview: Edge Magazine talks with Alex Afrasiabi, the World Of Warcraft lead world designer who is designing the upcoming Cataclysm expansion.
- Atari is introducing a free-to-play option to its MMOG Champions Online.