- 12 hilarious Halloween costumes based on sci-fi ships and vehicles
- The Candy Hierarchy
- Infographic: Halloween by the Numbers
- Smashing Pumpkins in slow motion
- Steampunk: Yesterday’s tomorrow
- Interview: The A.V. Club profiles John Carpenter
- Interview: Director of Photography Jay Hunter talks Much Ado About Nothing.
- 7 strangest Frankenstein movies Hollywood ever stitched together
- 10 Foreign-Language Horrors To Freak You Out This Halloween
- The 13 Best Recent Indie Horror Movies to Watch at Home on Halloween
- 20 Insect Horror Movies You Can Stream on Netflix
- At no point in Bela Lugosi’s iconic role in the 1931 film Dracula does he make the sound “Bleh!” So why is “Bleh!” so deeply associated with Dracula in popular culture? Followup with more examples.
- Halloween Gone Wrong: The 10 Least Scary Movies of All Time Gallery
- io9’s 50 Scariest Movies Of All Time: The Top 10
- Movie Halloween Parties We’d Like to Attend
- ‘The Woman In Black’ Launches Viral Site To Scare Your Pants Off
- 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Halloween
- For more Halloween and costume-related links, click on over to Cosgeek’s enormous Halloween link round-up.
- Plots from the unaired season 8 of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation.’
- Sonic Screwdrivers: Banned in Action Movies Since 1963.
- Interview: A.V. Club interviews Guillermo Del Toro, of The Night Eternal.
- Interview: David Anthony Durham talks about his fantasy trilogy with The Sacred Band: Book Three of the Acacia Trilogy
- Interview: Omnivoracious profiles Nnedi Okorafor of Who Fears Death
- News: E-Book Sales More Than Doubled in August BEFORE the Kindle Fire.
- 10 Books that will Scare the SH*T out of You
- Flavorwire picks the The 10 Best Villains in Literature
- JK Rowling reveals she nearly killed off Ron Weasley
- “This Halloween, give somebody a scary book, to read. That’s it. That’s the idea. It’s going to be a tradition.” It’s an idea Neil Gaiman came up a year ago. It’s called All Hallow’s Read, with a website and everything, which has book recommendations of all sorts, plus stickers, bookmarks, cards, and a small story you can print off, as well as a poster contest for next year’s event.
- Wasps create cockroach zombies, viruses produce zombie caterpillars, deep-sea zombie worms live off decaying whale bones, South American flies ‘infect’ ants with brain-sucking larvae.
- Why Do We Get Goosebumps and Chills When We’re Scared?
- Flying Robotic Camera System Given to Libyan Rebels
- Japan Unveils World’s Largest 3D Display
- NASA studying ways to make ‘tractor beams’ a reality
- New Robot from ‘BigDog’ Makers Moves Eerily Like a Human
- Robotic Venus Flytraps Will Trap Bugs and Eat Them For Fuel
- The Sheriff’s Office in Montgomery County, Texas near Houston has become the first law enforcement agency to buy a weaponizable Shadowhawk MK-III UAV.
- TRON Light Cycle Is Real and Ready for the Streets
- News: “American Horror Story” renewed. Tim Minear’s writing gig gets “one of the fastest pickups in the history of the network.”
- 21-plus unexpectedly scary episodes of not-so-scary TV shows
- The five nerdiest Halloween TV episodes
- Is The Portable Gaming Console a Dinosaur? CNET’s Jeff Bakalar believes that the surge in popularity of the cell phone game have made the DS and PSP irrelevant.
- The Most Incredible Video Game Simulator Ever Built Brings Battlefield 3 To Life…With Pain